Jets Preseason Thread 2024 edition

30 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It’s sad they keeping 3 goalies. Just can’t waive Comrie. Says it all. Won’t waive a guy who won’t be picked up and didn’t get a minute of preseason but send the kids down. Jets don’t learn. Hopefully we tank and are forced to sell pionk Ehlers and others at the deadline. 

I dont get not waiving him. They can always pick em up off of waivers in a month ;)

Defenceman Elias Salomonsson and forward Jaret Anderson-Dolan have been assigned to the Manitoba Moose.

and yup. 

courtesy Winnipeg Jets dot com. 

WINNIPEG, October 7, 2024 – The Winnipeg Jets today announced the following roster moves in advance of setting their opening day roster for the 2024-25 NHL regular season:

• Defenceman Elias Salomonsson and forward Jaret Anderson-Dolan have been assigned to the Manitoba Moose.

• Defenceman Logan Stanley has been placed on Injured Reserve.

• Defenceman Ville Heinola has been designated as Injured Non-Roster.

The Jets start the season with 13 forwards, seven defencemen, and three goalies. Twenty of the 23 players on the active roster have previously played for Winnipeg.

LINK: 2024-25 Winnipeg Jets Opening Day Roster

How the Jets were built:

Drafted (9) – Connor, Ehlers, Gustafsson, Hellebuyck, Lowry, Morrissey, Perfetti, Samberg, Scheifele

Trade (11) – Appleton, Barron, Coghlan, DeMelo, Iafallo, Kupari, Miller, Namestnikov, Niederreiter, Pionk, Vilardi

Free Agency (3) – Comrie, Fleury, Kahkonen

interesting to note the drafted but traded Appleton in the trade category 

Edited by Goalie

From Global, Ross Hobson

“We don’t want these guys to force them into a situation where they crash and burn and we got to start all over again,” said Jets head coach Scott Arniel. “We’re doing this obviously because we need these guys. They are apart of our future.

Crash and Burn versus Giving the kids an opportunity

Winnipeg has a different threshold than Pittsburgh it seems.

25 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

From Global, Ross Hobson

“We don’t want these guys to force them into a situation where they crash and burn and we got to start all over again,” said Jets head coach Scott Arniel. “We’re doing this obviously because we need these guys. They are apart of our future.

Crash and Burn versus Giving the kids an opportunity

Winnipeg has a different threshold than Pittsburgh it seems.

Yeah, I understand what he’s saying, but the ‘start all over again’ comment is pretty ridiculous.  If they struggle, you make a change.  It’s not like they’d be ruined and you’d have to start at ground zero and build them back up again.

Pittsburgh has less talented wingers than we do to be fair. I mean they coming off an over 100 point season pretty much with the same group who started last year minus Dillon and Schmidt 

Edited by Goalie

57 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Pittsburgh has less talented wingers than we do to be fair. I mean they coming off an over 100 point season pretty much with the same group who started last year minus Dillon and Schmidt 

Fair but does that mean they are throwing in Rutger cuz they determined he's ready regardless of their existing talent or cuz they have no other choice knowing in an ideal situation he's one or two years away?

55 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Fair but does that mean they are throwing in Rutger cuz they determined he's ready regardless of their existing talent or cuz they have no other choice knowing in an ideal situation he's one or two years away?

Sending him down would make the trade look bad ;)

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Not sure. Didn’t pay attention enough. I’m assuming he signed there to not play in the ahl tho. 

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Exactly in the same boat as you.

I’m kinda done with him. He bullshitted us all at development camp. To me he’s a piece of crap. I don’t care that he didn’t want play here but to put on the fake smile and stuff, piss off. To just lie basically from day 1 to not only the jets but jets fans, he’s a goof. There’s a few players I liked who didn’t wanna be here and a few I didn’t. I liked Rutger until I heard that development camp just didn’t feel right. Entitled prick. 

Edited by Goalie