wbbfan

1 Brady. The straw that stirs the drink 

2 jones/ayers. 10 tackles 1 sack 2 picks 1 ff 3 teams tackles combined 

3 Wilson and wheatfall combined for a big 2nd half 

hh Brady getting his 1st td this year finally and 2nd 

awe that’s dirty. Bunch of these the hit on lawlers head though 

block of the game Eli as the fb lead blocking for Brady with a big one  

crunch of the game guathier filling the gap and crushing brown 

honourable mention to zach aside from the pick played well. 

Edited by wbbfan

1. Brady. The best back in the league and better than Andrew Harris ever was.

2. Tony Jones. Biggie is a first ballot hall of fame, and it's a shame if your last play as a pro is an injury, but Tony Jones is a stud and will only get better.

3. The hogs. Great in the run game and did what they needed in the pass game.

HH: Ayers clutch 4th quarter pick. No turning back after that.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

1. Brady. The best back in the league and better than Andrew Harris ever was.

2. Tony Jones. Biggie is a first ballot hall of fame, and it's a shame if your last play as a pro is an injury, but Tony Jones is a stud and will only get better.

3. The hogs. Great in the run game and did what they needed in the pass game.

HH: Ayers clutch 4th quarter pick. No turning back after that.

I'll take Ayers for HH too. For that great interception as well as goading the Elks player into getting disqualified.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

1. Jones with the best MLB game we've seen all season. He missed a couple tackles but it was far outweighed by his positive and difference making plays. The turnovers are obviously the highlights but one solo tackle where he stood Brown up in the hole really stood out for me ... as an example of the type of play Bighill used to be able to make. Great pickup. Edit: I forgot that tackle was actually Gauthier's. 

2. Brady for obvious reasons. Glad to see him get his TDs and break out the chicken box (I must learn more about this!)

3. Wheatfall (I think) caught everything thrown his way and cleared out space for Wilson's TD. I like him in the slot. 

HH. Clercius is a stud as a big possession receiver. 

Collaros take of the week -- it occurred to me that our offense has been playing better since he started to take on more of a game manager role vs being the world-beater of 2021 and 2022. And we are better for it. I love seeing him scramble for positive yardage and first downs. In 2019 he was more of a game manager than the MOP of 2021/22, and if that's what he can do now I'll take it rather than him trying to hit the long balls and turning it over. Praise to him for adapting. 

Edited by K-Shack
Correcting myself

1. Brady- The difference maker again. 

2. Ayers- Key turnover and a solid all-around game from a guy who wasn’t even starting until tonight’s warmups. 

3. Secondary. The best overall position group in the league, and arguably top 5 in Bomber history. 

HH- Tony Jones- I’d give him a star but I’m not sure if he’s even that good, or just a testament to how bad the rest of our LBs have been this season. Either way he had some very timely plays tonight. 

Second HH - Us, for having to listen to that insufferable TSN broadcast team again.

Turd of the game- Officials- specifically the ball spot on Edmontons 3rd down gamble (and the 2nd and 7 leading up to it) in Q1. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Second HH - Us, for having to listen to that insufferable TSN broadcast team again

Oh man as soon as I realized this was a brother vs brother game I knew it was going to be Suitor calling it and he was gonna sell out hard for the TSN game story in that way he does.  And lo...

Once the Elks put the story to bed by benching their Ford, Suitor got better, and from a broadcasting standpoint I thought he told a good story in the fourth: that the bombers knew how to close and the elks had not yet demonstrated that, that Brady O was the key, and how that improbable 2nd-down conversion was the dagger play of the game. Basic stuff for blue nerds like us, not deep, but decently told and with a happy ending.

there was a funny moment in the Ottawa game where Rod and Matty had to hype some HBO show and Matty was so not into chatting about whether he was going to binge it right away or wait for the end of the season.  Matty doesn't do product placement apparently.

also every time I am tempted to crap on TSN or their talent, I remember Luc Mullinder doing color on that pre-season Rider game that TSN showed this year.

I would sooner listen to a century of Rod Black than a single game with Luc Mullinder. 

5 hours ago, johnzo said:

Oh man as soon as I realized this was a brother vs brother game I knew it was going to be Suitor calling it and he was gonna sell out hard for the TSN game story in that way he does.  And lo...

Once the Elks put the story to bed by benching their Ford, Suitor got better, and from a broadcasting standpoint I thought he told a good story in the fourth: that the bombers knew how to close and the elks had not yet demonstrated that, that Brady O was the key, and how that improbable 2nd-down conversion was the dagger play of the game. Basic stuff for blue nerds like us, not deep, but decently told and with a happy ending.

there was a funny moment in the Ottawa game where Rod and Matty had to hype some HBO show and Matty was so not into chatting about whether he was going to binge it right away or wait for the end of the season.  Matty doesn't do product placement apparently.

also every time I am tempted to crap on TSN or their talent, I remember Luc Mullinder doing color on that pre-season Rider game that TSN showed this year.

I would sooner listen to a century of Rod Black than a single game with Luc Mullinder. 

A kick in the ass is better than a kick in the junk if those are the only two options I guess. 

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

for all the yards rushing this team allows they're not giving up a ton of points. Eventually you'll get the stop on first down and force passing situations. Very very very few teams in this league will stick to a run game. 

Reminds me of that sequence in the second (I think?) quarter when Edm rattled off 2 or 3 really nice runs in a row… then on a first down the D went tackle for no gain, sack, forced punt…. Ugly start to the drive, nice finish

Brady O all day

The young LBs (Jones and Ayers, hell even Kelly playing spy) did not stop many running backs but played contain of Ford well and made some big plays. 

The rookie receivers played well and were all a threat at least. Wheatfall has now passed Johnson’s production in 2 and half games. 

Other than the INT ZC played well. 

I will throw a bit of love to the job we did containing Ford.....I know on here the D-line gets a rough ride....but this game they did keep Ford from getting the edge....so props to that

Brady was great

Our LB's were very active and did some great things

Our D backfield was very good

Suitor was intolerable most of the game

Brady O.................the guy just brings it ...His enthusiasm on the bench was catchy and frankly I'd like to see a little more from our guys on the bench in that regard....

Jones..........proving every game he belongs.....great find

Lawler and the dbs......Kenny goes where no other receivers dare to and takes the punishment to be successful....Solid as were our db's ...coverage was great and the pic's were just an added 

The O is better when Lawler gets a big gain early. Then we can spread it around which we basically saw all 2nd half and on our scoring drives. Guys like Wilson Wheatfall Clercius and Demski as a run threat when not making nice catches for little gain all involved. If Zach forces balls trouble occurs. If he doesn’t it’s all good. Sometimes he focuses on 1 guy 2 much. 

Edited by Goalie

Wanna throw some love to Castillo for solving the problem of long FG coverage by deadballing his misses off the post.

Seriously, those bomb FGs of his are a key part of how we can grind out wins.  Love seeing him turn those marginal drives into points.  It didn't work last night but it'll work again before the season is thru.