Elks at Bombers Talk

Nolby

I hope the offense will find their rhythm for a full 60 minutes this week. The defense is doing all the heavy lifting despite constant injuries, but the offense just can’t seem to get it together. It’d be nice to see some deep throws to Lawler and Wheatfall, but I’m not holding my breath.

The Club sent a few coupons in the mail for Season Ticket Member exclusive offers. 
buy one combo meal get one for 50% off. 
25% off mini donuts. I’ll buy two of those.

$12 Double Fat Boy Burgers. Regular 16.75. I’ll have two of those. 

tailgate opens at 5 pm. $11 Burger and Beer. $10 Burger and soft drink. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah Ford isn't the guy to beat this Bombers team. We get so little pressure you're better off having a passer in there.

My guess is they load up the line for this game, keep MBT under constant pressure as he can light teams up at times.

30 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Highly likely we see Edmonton start MBT, its Edmontons entire season on the line, they're gonna come out swingin.

I’m ok with MBT. We were getting killed on the run game because of the RPO. Without Fords  threat to run I can trust the guys to key into the run a little better and our secondary is always outstanding. I didn’t see anything with MBT to indicate we’d be in trouble. 

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I’m ok with MBT. We were getting killed on the run game because of the RPO. Without Fords  threat to run I can trust the guys to key into the run a little better and our secondary is always outstanding. I didn’t see anything with MBT to indicate we’d be in trouble. 

I hope they kill us again in the run and put up zero first-half points and 14 total. Start Ford, Elks!

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

TSN Story Line

TSN Story Line

🙂

I wonder if Suitor will say Our ford has the lead now that the other ford has been benched... again lol. 

It'll be interesting to see what MBT does. I honestly don't think he matches up vs our D well at all. I can see him performing even worse than ford did, and getting pulled for Ford in the 4th lol. 

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I’m glad I’ll be at the game on Friday and don’t have to listen to all the ford vs ford talk. So many interesting story lines between two of the hottest teams in the league and it all gets ignored for the ford brother hype train. 

But they're twins, AP! And, they play on opposite sides of the ball. What if Ford throws a pick to Ford? Or, Ford burns Ford with a TD. How will you get all the insight if you're not watching TSN? 

And, they're twins! Brothers, from the same mother.

Edited by JCon

Just now, JCon said:

But they're twins, AP! And, they play on opposite sides of the ball. What if Ford throws a pick to Ford? Or, Ford burns Ford with a TD. How will you get all the insight, if you're not watching TSN? 

If Ford throws an INT to Ford and then that Ford jukes and then hurdles the other Ford for a TD Suitor will cream his shorts on live nationwide TV.

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I'd be shocked if it wasn't MBT starting on Friday. Edmonton needs to win now. But they wont.

I would also be shocked if O'Shea and Co. made some moves to shore up the middle of the d-line and maybe even the safety position. Brandon Alexander has been playing better of late but substantially below acceptable levels overall.

32 minutes ago, JCon said:

But they're twins, AP! And, they play on opposite sides of the ball. What if Ford throws a pick to Ford? Or, Ford burns Ford with a TD. How will you get all the insight if you're not watching TSN? 

Maybe even the same father. That aspect has not been talked to death yet.

5 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

If Ford throws an INT to Ford and then that Ford jukes and then hurdles the other Ford for a TD Suitor will cream his shorts on live nationwide TV.

Didn't he do that 5 years ago when he interviewed Keith Urban? 

Edited by rebusrankin