Elks at Bombers Talk

Nolby

9 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I’m glad I’ll be at the game on Friday and don’t have to listen to all the ford vs ford talk. So many interesting story lines between two of the hottest teams in the league and it all gets ignored for the ford brother hype train. 

That was torture on Saturday. The week before it was Rourke. No wonder NFL fans ridicule our league.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

To be fair, have you heard Collinsworth slobber over Mahomes?

Collingsworst (I accidentally spelled his name wrong and when I went back to review the squiggly line, I felt apt to leave it as is) is the Suitor of the NFL... doesn't provide any insight to the game... just beats home the "storyline" to death

Back to the game... I wonder if starting MBT (which I expect them to do) closes the run game down a bit?... with Ford in there, our DL always had to respect the RPO... now they know MBT is no threat to run

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

Collingsworst (I accidentally spelled his name wrong and when I went back to review the squiggly line, I felt apt to leave it as is) is the Suitor of the NFL... doesn't provide any insight to the game... just beats home the "storyline" to death

Back to the game... I wonder if starting MBT (which I expect them to do) closes the run game down a bit?... with Ford in there, our DL always had to respect the RPO... now they know MBT is no threat to run

Bring the heat on MBT if he starts...right from the first snap...The Elks will not have game planned for it and when they try and adjust then roll 30 fronts at them and a Jack that may spy...may come

With Wilson re-injured...and apparently something new....wonder who gets on board to fill the missing spot we played without

Another DB would be pointless....we have essentially 11 dressed....And for what Griffen has been doing....in case of an in game injury he can cover..SAM...any DB spot and WIL as well and from the bulk of the season I would have him right up there as one of our more valuable defenders this yr...He allows us to do so much and is excellent tackler

And with Ayers and Jones showing nice chemistry out there please roster another import Dline guy to if not for anything see what it can create

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Bring the heat on MBT if he starts...right from the first snap...The Elks will not have game planned for it and when they try and adjust then roll 30 fronts at them and a Jack that may spy...may come

With Wilson re-injured...and apparently something new....wonder who gets on board to fill the missing spot we played without

Another DB would be pointless....we have essentially 11 dressed....And for what Griffen has been doing....in case of an in game injury he can cover..SAM...any DB spot and WIL as well and from the bulk of the season I would have him right up there as one of our more valuable defenders this yr...He allows us to do so much and is excellent tackler

And with Ayers and Jones showing nice chemistry out there please roster another import Dline guy to if not for anything see what it can create

It should be Adams. Will it be, who knows?

1 minute ago, blue85gold said:

It should be Adams. Will it be, who knows?

You would think...and makes most sense...We don't need bridges....did just fine without him.....but we gave up nearly 200 yards on the ground....and we all know why.

I'd also use this game as a chance to get Person some game reps...and see what he brings....he is legit....give Haba a seat for this one

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

You would think...and makes most sense...We don't need bridges....did just fine without him.....but we gave up nearly 200 yards on the ground....and we all know why.

I'd also use this game as a chance to get Person some game reps...and see what he brings....he is legit....give Haba a seat for this one

Yes, Person would be a fine add for this one. 

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Can't imagine it won't be Adams.

maybe we will play 1 short again cause we won???....LOL....thats at times the mentality here...we won...so all good...even tho that was a huge gaff

Darn good thing we didnt lose a Jones or Ayers and a DL like WJ or Woods...we woulda been sooo screwed

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

maybe we will play 1 short again cause we won???....LOL....thats at times the mentality here...we won...so all good...even tho that was a huge gaff

Darn good thing we didnt lose a Jones or Ayers and a DL like WJ or Woods...we woulda been sooo screwed

I think that was just bad luck. By all accounts they were expecting Wilson to play and he got hurt during warm ups. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think that was just bad luck. By all accounts they were expecting Wilson to play and he got hurt during warm ups. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

They did say it was unrelated to his previous injury but they also immediately put him back on the  6 game list.  Pure speculation but I get the feeling it must have been pretty severe and obvious for them to that so quickly.  If it was minor, they could have just scratched him for the game and took another look in a couple days before making any determinations.  They can obviously still do that & pull him from the 6 game list early but that part caught my eye and got me wondering.

Just now, bigg jay said:

They did say it was unrelated to his previous injury but they also immediately put him back on the  6 game list.  Pure speculation but I get the feeling it must have been pretty severe and obvious for them to that so quickly.  If it was minor, they could have just scratched him for the game and took another look in a couple days before making any determinations.  They can obviously still do that & pull him from the 6 game list early but that part caught my eye and got me wondering.

Oh I wasn't aware he went back to the 6 game. Damn that's too bad. Guy has no luck the past 2 seasons now.

Regarding Wilson, guy looked so good at times, but I fear it is time to move on.....sad but his body just doesn't seem to able to hold-up.....

We will need someone to replace his roster spot, an American spot, one would assume it would be an American along the D-line, 

Lucky was laboring a fair bit last game especially late in the game, his speed is his best attribute and whatever ailment he has is def. affecting his speed. He still has had good ball security, but I would love to see him be able to play full speed....

I don't think we had any serious injuries, and I don't think anyone really stood out in a bad way...so I would expect almost the same roster this week.....A D-lineman for Wilson especially if MBT is announced as the starter, and possibly Case for Lucky if Lucky did up his injury late last game....barring any surprises that would seem the most likely all...

5 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I think it would be Cole (if healthy) who will be activated instead of Adams.

Cole was extended on the 6-game too so who knows.

Just now, 3rdand1.5 said:

Regarding Wilson, guy looked so good at times, but I fear it is time to move on.....sad but his body just doesn't seem to able to hold-up.....

Pretty clear now it is time to move on from Biggie and Wilson. Can't stay healthy and age is undefeated.

13 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Cole was extended on the 6-game too so who knows.

Pretty clear now it is time to move on from Biggie and Wilson. Can't stay healthy and age is undefeated.

completely agree... Biggie announced on social media that he's not done... hopefully the Bombers brass disagrees... if he wants to sign a cheap-ish 1 year deal and sit on the six game all year as a defacto additional defensive coach... I wouldn't be opposed to that

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

completely agree... Biggie announced on social media that he's not done... hopefully the Bombers brass disagrees... if he wants to sign a cheap-ish 1 year deal and sit on the six game all year as a defacto additional defensive coach... I wouldn't be opposed to that

He wont even be ready until labour day next yr at earliest....so banking on him and not putting in place the heir apparent...or signing the best free agent MLB would be ultra dumb...probably even worse than a lot of the dumb stuff we have done the last couple yrs...and there has been some real dumb short sighted stuff

I'm already relegating myself to the fact we are gonna do 1 major dumb move and put Jake right back whre he is now....and not sign a major upgrade there via free-agency....and or let the guys we currently are grooming...who offer so much more already languish away and not be allowed to take over....so making 2 lame decisions like that would be the ultimate kick to the onions going into a possible Grey Cup at home

31 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I wish ABH all the luck as long as it doesn't impede the WBB's in fielding the best talent to maximize their success at every position.

If unwavering loyalty trumps putting the team first and minimizes game tape review facts I think then it's reasonable for people to post their disappointment in this approach without being criticized as thinking they know more than MOS and company.

Yea or no?

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I wish ABH all the luck as long as it doesn't impede the WBB's in fielding the best talent to maximize their success at every position.

If unwavering loyalty trumps putting the team first and minimizes game tape review facts I think then it's reasonable for people to post their disappointment in this approach without being criticized as thinking they know more than MOS and company.

Yea or no?

100 percent....for all his good traits and things he does...he does have a couple huge flaws....if he ever cleaned that up and went with his head and looked at talent/upside and not heart...I would never complain about him...All I see is "what coulda been" instead of what was....and it was/is all so unavoidable....I dont give a rats patoot about what we did in ...2021...2019...and record we piled up during season.....thats water under bridge, I just see the major dropping the ball we did in 2022...and 2023...which didnt have to happen...and the eerily similar things I see that may show it's ugly face again...hopefully not....but we have seen it this yr in some instances