Elks at Bombers Talk

Nolby

42 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I don’t like the fact that Randolph is on the PR he could go start and play guard on almost any team. I know teams don’t often poach the PR but seems pretty risky to me. 

Teams aren’t looking for imp guards though. 
 If he was actually a tackle maybe, but Richardson was much better and didn’t get poached. Also, I don’t think vanterpool would be notably worse at guard. You should be able to find imp guards at will in general. Teams just don’t have the ratio flexibility and invest a lot into ni ol on the interior. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Teams aren’t looking for imp guards though. 
 If he was actually a tackle maybe, but Richardson was much better and didn’t get poached. Also, I don’t think vanterpool would be notably worse at guard. You should be able to find imp guards at will in general. Teams just don’t have the ratio flexibility and invest a lot into ni ol on the interior. 

Ironically, we are one team that does have the flexibility. I'd argue the Bombers could start 4 American OL, should they desire to do so

But yeah, most certainly do not

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Ironically, we are one team that does have the flexibility. I'd argue the Bombers could start 4 American OL, should they desire to do so

But yeah, most certainly do not

That’s true. I think bc and Hamilton at times this year have had the flexibility as well. 
 I do agree, and at this point I’d prioritize ol pass pro ratio wise. We won the ships based around line play. For some reason we’ve gotten away from that. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’s true. I think bc and Hamilton at times this year have had the flexibility as well. 
 I do agree, and at this point I’d prioritize ol pass pro ratio wise. We won the ships based around line play. For some reason we’ve gotten away from that. 

I would like to see Randolph at guard, with Pat and Eli coming in to punish people in the heavy sets. 

Could also rotate Neufeld and Randolph, to allow the flexibility of an extra American receiver on a few passing plays - that'd be a good role for Lucky.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I don’t like the fact that Randolph is on the PR he could go start and play guard on almost any team. I know teams don’t often poach the PR but seems pretty risky to me. 

Some people are just hard to please.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I would like to see Randolph at guard, with Pat and Eli coming in to punish people in the heavy sets. 

Could also rotate Neufeld and Randolph, to allow the flexibility of an extra American receiver on a few passing plays - that'd be a good role for Lucky.

I wouldn’t rotate, but ole pat and Eli off the bench would be excellent. I agree Randolph at g makes us better. 

15 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I just don’t understand the need for HC’s to announce this to the world. Most times they obviously know whose starting well in advance of the next game but any advantage small or large to help hamper the other team in preparing, take it.

Assuming reporters are watching practice, who's starting at QB would be apparent since starters get most, if not all, of the practice reps.

2 hours ago, pw13 said:

Assuming reporters are watching practice, who's starting at QB would be apparent since starters get most, if not all, of the practice reps.

Unfortunately, that is a big assumption in the cfl lol. 

Speaking of, sure would be nice to hear about how all the new qbs are doing. It's been a long time since we had this many QBs on the roster. I'd be kind of surprised if we keep 2 on the pr for the rest of the year, though I really want to keep Grainger around and see him in camp next year. That guy has incredible talent. 

5 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Very early guesses...

Adams for Randolph

Cole for Wilson

IF's..

Hallet is a no go...Hubert??

Lucky is a no go...Case

seems like what I think too...tho maybe if Lucky cant go....which I am sure he will it be worth a look at Hart....we know what Case is...and its pedestrian at best....Sometimes the injection of an unknown....Like Grant when he showed up...is the spark the teams need...Hart has NFL experience and been around a bit....not like he a fresh ouuta school guy getting his first shot

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

seems like what I think too...tho maybe if Lucky cant go....which I am sure he will it be worth a look at Hart....we know what Case is...and its pedestrian at best....Sometimes the injection of an unknown....Like Grant when he showed up...is the spark the teams need...Hart has NFL experience and been around a bit....not like he a fresh ouuta school guy getting his first shot

Lucky did not practice all week last week but he played.

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

Actually kinda looking forward to this upcoming depth chart

It may be the most balanced and healthiest one all yr

If Cole and Adams are on....to go with Ayers , Jones and Griffen it may just be our most athletic front 7 all yr...

Said it before but can't stress enough how much I think not dressing 7 OL is a good thing for a roster. So much more versatility. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Said it before but can't stress enough how much I think not dressing 7 OL is a good thing for a roster. So much more versatility. 

Yep. And not really needed with clercius, mci, and schmekel. 

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Actually kinda looking forward to this upcoming depth chart

It may be the most balanced and healthiest one all yr

If Cole and Adams are on....to go with Ayers , Jones and Griffen it may just be our most athletic front 7 all yr...

agree. This lineup is going to be really good. Especially if we get a 7th dl on. 
 Now we just have to rotate guys well. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

agree. This lineup is going to be really good. Especially if we get a 7th dl on. 

Curious to see the rotation and who is where in certain sets, but if used well be i think a pretty aggressive defense

I would also like to see us put Karamoko in for Weitz as well....He can be used on defense and offers the same if not more on Teams

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Curious to see the rotation and who is where in certain sets, but if used well be i think a pretty aggressive defense

I would also like to see us put Karamoko in for Weitz as well....He can be used on defense and offers the same if not more on Teams

Yeah. Our rotation hasn’t been great but it’s been significantly worse when we run 6 on the ar. Just can’t have two Canadian dts on at the same time. Need to have better balance with Jake’s reps. 
 Agree about karamoko. We really need better talent at global. 

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

And I believe Schmek has the ability to be a great jumbo package utility guy