Elks at Bombers Talk

Nolby

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Actually like the idea of hart getting luckys spot. I dunno. Why not try to add a spark. Returns haven’t been great this season. Why not try to add a spark instead of same old same old. 

Hope he gets a chance one of these games. Likely needs a little time to learn the playbook since he would be the back up receiver too. He got some reps at receiver in the NFL, at 5'8 that is impressive.

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Actually like the idea of hart getting luckys spot. I dunno. Why not try to add a spark. Returns haven’t been great this season. Why not try to add a spark instead of same old same old. 

Yea it would be nice to have JG type returner but my guess is sticking with comfort, i.e., strong ball security.

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yea it would be nice to have JG type returner but my guess is sticking with comfort, i.e., strong ball security.

This... And I suspect they know the returner isn't the main issue with our lack of returns.

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

We keep trotting out a poor returner and pretending it's 2019? 

they have all been basically the same...I think it ore the scheme....Lucky when he catches the ball has basically nowhere to go...and is walled right in

Was the same for Case....similar with Smith tho he is a bit more adept to running in traffic

Lucky tho....is safe...always gets positive yards and has the explosion factor there if they ever get him a seam....Plus he adds a lot to the offence if used...I fine moving forward as it is....I'd like to moreso see our Punter win the filed position battle and show the threat he could flip the field if needed....in 2 yrs...have not seen any evidence of that

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

If our secondary has any injuries that could be a major problem. But other than that...it's looking good!!

Eh we’d be ok. Griffin would go to that spot, then Cole would fill the coverage wil role. He was doing it early in the season. 
 After that Kelly goes in and we slide guys around, or Ayer’s goes in and we slide Cole, who played Sam and S in camp and pre season. After than nick goes in at S. all in all that’s probably the most db depth in the league. 

ol injury is the concern, unless it’s at C. 

57 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Same  id like to see him get some snaps at wr too  I think he can be an impact guy. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Griffin can play multiple spots so we should be good...Kelly as well ids very versatile and underrated....next to Ford I would say he our best National DB

bond, Nichols, griffin, ford is the best db group in a long time. And that’s saying some thing. 
 I wonder if griffin will be the heir apparent for ba eventually. We’ve got soo much versatility in the back field and depth it’s nutty. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Eh we’d be ok. Griffin would go to that spot, then Cole would fill the coverage wil role. He was doing it early in the season. 
 After that Kelly goes in and we slide guys around, or Ayer’s goes in and we slide Cole, who played Sam and S in camp and pre season. After than nick goes in at S. all in all that’s probably the most db depth in the league. 

ol injury is the concern, unless it’s at C. 

Same  id like to see him get some snaps at wr too  I think he can be an impact guy. 

bond, Nichols, griffin, ford is the best db group in a long time. And that’s saying some thing. 
 I wonder if griffin will be the heir apparent for ba eventually. We’ve got soo much versatility in the back field and depth it’s nutty. 

we have effectively due to injury on defense anyway did a sneaky in-season transition.....and to be honest was only way we were gonna do it based on or coaching track record

We have totally now integrated Griffin...Bonds...Cole....Ayers and Jones as solid pieces going into camp next yr....Woods...Adams and even tho we havn't seen much of him Fox are 3 guys we can totally build around and if we get a legit DE to compliment WJ and allow him to be rotated to be effective and play more pure get after the QB work....and a solid 3rd guy in one of Garbutt/Person.....As I think Haba has kinda taken a step back/and or isn't still 100 percent we will be looking good going into 2025....youth....and experience now

Lawson taking Thomas right out of the equation would be the ideal Nat guy to rotate in....and Like to see us just start Ford as the only National,  so we can sub/roate in guys at will.

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

we have effectively due to injury on defense anyway did a sneaky in-season transition.....and to be honest was only way we were gonna do it based on or coaching track record

We have totally now integrated Griffin...Bonds...Cole....Ayers and Jones as solid pieces going into camp next yr....Woods...Adams and even tho we havn't seen much of him Fox are 3 guys we can totally build around and if we get a legit DE to compliment WJ and allow him to be rotated to be effective and play more pure get after the QB work....and a solid 3rd guy in one of Garbutt/Person.....As I think Haba has kinda taken a step back/and or isn't still 100 percent we will be looking good going into 2025....youth....and experience now

Lawson taking Thomas right out of the equation would be the ideal Nat guy to rotate in....and Like to see us just start Ford as the only National,  so we can sub/roate in guys at will.

Yup.  Could really use a tackle box defender with size like Thomas or one of the cuts. But a lot of the heavy lifting for next years camp will be retention. 
 I’d really like to see the ends get looks and sit haba. 
Thomas/kyrie/biggie subtraction should hopefully be academic. 

yup....augmenting a bit for next yr it would like like now..as opposed to the whole sale changes

I think if we keep one of those 3 it could be Wilson in the role Ayers had if we dont unearth a new gem...Limited abuse and reps may keep him out of the tub....brings the vet role to the LB's and you know if an in game injury he would be more than adequate

We need to abolish the global punter next yr and if there is a big interior global in the draft....target those guys.

Not sure where we will pick in the Canadian draft but I would focus heavy on the interior of both lines with our first several picks too

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup....augmenting a bit for next yr it would like like now..as opposed to the whole sale changes

I think if we keep one of those 3 it could be Wilson in the role Ayers had if we dont unearth a new gem...Limited abuse and reps may keep him out of the tub....brings the vet role to the LB's and you know if an in game injury he would be more than adequate

We need to abolish the global punter next yr and if there is a big interior global in the draft....target those guys.

Not sure where we will pick in the Canadian draft but I would focus heavy on the interior of both lines with our first several picks too

Yeah I never know what to expect with kyrie. He can’t stay healthy and takes a bit to get back into form. Don’t mind bringing him back on a team deal he probably sits on 6game once or twice. 
 Biggie could be a player coach if they are willing to limit his on field role. 
 Yeah let friggin Castillo punt and find rotational/teams global. 
 Don’t need teams guys with valuable picks any more. Think we can pick a mix of bpa and lines. 
 I think a guy like Wallace could be groomed as a rt, or even another guy at that level in the draft. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah I never know what to expect with kyrie. He can’t stay healthy and takes a bit to get back into form. Don’t mind bringing him back on a team deal he probably sits on 6game once or twice. 
 Biggie could be a player coach if they are willing to limit his on field role

Love Wilson  and think he was one of the most underrated players in the league... but given his injuries you can't rely on him so need to move on. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

No O'Shea understands talent.  Kramdi will be starting at SLB for years to come.  Great seeing Canadian talent succeed.

Edited by CrazyCanuck89

38 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

No O'Shea understands talent.  Kramdi will be starting at SLB for years to come.  Great seeing Canadian talent succeed.

If you look at how often teams (not just the bombers) go through SAMs this is almost guaranteed to not happen. He's likely got 2 years at most left in that position, and that's assuming injuries don't occur AND being very generous imo.

53 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Going to be a much tougher game defensively because MBT can hit every route on the field and Edmonton is loaded up to run the ball too.

Rankin will have less than 75yrds on the day. MBT will throw 3 picks. 

Bombers win 42-9

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

If you look at how often teams (not just the bombers) go through SAMs this is almost guaranteed to not happen. He's likely got 2 years at most left in that position, and that's assuming injuries don't occur AND being very generous imo.

Rankin will have less than 75yrds on the day. MBT will throw 3 picks. 

Bombers win 42-9

That close?

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Going to be a much tougher game defensively because MBT can hit every route on the field and Edmonton is loaded up to run the ball too.

Can being the key word. I saw him miss every throw when the game mattered. In garbage time he has a few easy completions, but with MBT having no threat to run I feel like the D can concentrate on stopping the running and getting after MBT instead of having to worry about a running quarterback breaking contain. 

Not thrilled with the return game but Whitehead is the safe way to go...The D looks really solid and I hope we can stay healthy to keep this current roster intact.....Now IF we can get our offence rolling and put td's on the board, instead of having to bail and letting Castillo score most of the points, we could/should put this one away early...I'd like to see this Clercius kid get more looks from Zack......he brings the goods...Should be a good one and IF we can get MBT on his horse....I like our chances

53 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I had the Elks back to back penciled in as a split, so my head says a win is a bonus, but my heart says a loss and the season is over. 😜

This is why I love being on the road for the front half of a home and home. Get the hard part outta the way, then the rematch becomes a bit easier with your fans and your barn.

And fwiw...

Edited by Noeller

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And if they had Leake available I’d be even more concerned. He was rounding into form nicely.