Elks at Bombers Talk

Nolby

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

It came up a few pages back but I think that the club needs to move on from both Wilson and Bighill at linebacker in the off season.

@JuranBoldenRules iirc made the point a while back that the WIL spot should only be on an entry level salary. I couldn’t agree more. It’s the easiest position on D to find an impact rookie. 

6 hours ago, JCon said:

No,we definitely need to give Dolegala reps. If Zach goes down, it's Dolegala that will step in. Wilson can do short yardage. 

After checking out a practice this week it sure looks like Wilson is next man up.

The 3 new guys basically just threw for 15 minutes after practice. 

12 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

@JuranBoldenRules iirc made the point a while back that the WIL spot should only be on an entry level salary. I couldn’t agree more. It’s the easiest position on D to find an impact rookie. 

Both mac and wil are pretty interchangeable in the CFL these days, though for us, we sub the wil for a dime around half the time. Imo it's almost like an extra DI with rotational D use. Needs to be some one versatile on the d, and who plays really well on teams. I think the clear exception for a mac/wil especially for us, is if they are a ratio breaker. 

15 hours ago, JCon said:

No,we definitely need to give Dolegala reps. If Zach goes down, it's Dolegala that will step in. Wilson can do short yardage. 

What difference will it make, you want to tarnish this season with memories of Dolegala getting blown up in the playoffs? Might as well dress him up in a giraffe costume to entertain the drunks....on second thought, we could pin the whole rotten season and everything bad that was, directly to his hide!

28 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

What difference will it make, you want to tarnish this season with memories of Dolegala getting blown up in the playoffs? Might as well dress him up in a giraffe costume to entertain the drunks....on second thought, we could pin the whole rotten season and everything bad that was, directly to his hide!

There is a resemblance. “Doelgala, rolling to his left…”.giphy.gif

Edited by Rod Black

37 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

We're in serious trouble if we're down Zach and Strev... so who would give us a better chance to win... the guy with almost no playing experience but maybe better knowledge of the playbook?... or the guy who has like 10+ career starts on his resume... either way, I don't like our chance to go on a run... but you'd have to think Dolegala gives us a better chance to win, should it come to that.

McLeod Bethel-Thompson is probably my favorite QB in the league today. He always says interesting stuff in media interviews, not like the other uninteresting dumb jock QBs. He’s my space child! I wish the Bombers had found a way to keep him back when he was on the practice roster. He's so solid when he’s got time to throw, always finds the open man.

But I hope we bury him today. Go Bombers!

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

Dolegala has at least thrown a ball in the CFL. 

Every qb on our AR and PR has thrown a ball in the CFL. Dole has the most experience for sure, but also the least potential. If all the qbs on the roster were reduced to the smallest height and weight of the group, dole would be the only guy never to play in the pros. 

Best case scenario, we have a full game of shut down ball at the end of the year. Instead of start/finish roster you have the none rest players start the first half then the 2nd half. But not play the 3rd or 4th. Then you have Wilson and dole play quarters 1/3. If the starter is hot, they play more of the 2nd, if not you sub early. Then for the 4th, you hand it to the 3rd qb. If grainger is ready with the system and game I'd go with him. If not, then Scott. 

Between Dole and wilson who gives us the best chance to win if zach goes down? Depends on wilson really. I would suspect dole would with passing, but if wilson has developed much since the pre season it wouldn't take a lot for him to pass dole as a passer imo.