3 stars plus hh return of the blue bullies

wbbfan

14 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Collaros was great but I think Lawler and Demski really put things over the top last night. Some huge catches and a few "can't be denied" moments (Brady had a few of those too) 

With all due respect to Dalton Schoen and Woli, I'm really liking our combination of receivers right now. Each one of them brings a lot to the table and it seems like they're really coming together at the right time.

The entire wr core was playing excellent. Every one got in on it with some big plays. 
 No question I take dalton back when healthy. It does beg the question though, what do we do in the off season? 
 I believe lawler is a fa in the off season isn’t he? I’d be happy to bring him back, but it has to be at a good discount. 
 Schoen is maybe the most valuable for his ability to become a pressure release and find openings when zach gets pressure. That was key for zach over the last two years. 
 Lawler gives you the ability to dominate and beat the D the whole night like last night. 
 I’d let Wilson and wheatfall fight for a starting spot next year. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The difference is how many big plays we gave up. 4 different players with huge plays, 25, 47, 42, and 37 yards. Rankin had two huge runs of 30+ yards then brown had a 25. That’s pretty wild. We got gouged bad on the ground again despite being well ahead. 
 We need to clean up gap cancelling and getting off blocks as well as tackling. 

That is true, especially the second half the tacking was pretty poor.

I think we still need 1 more bigger LB to clean up behind the LOS. 

We can get guys into the backfield but we don’t have any LBs that step up to hold runs in the 2-3 yard range, it’s almost a guaranteed 8 if the back crosses the LOS   

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The entire wr core was playing excellent. Every one got in on it with some big plays. 
 No question I take dalton back when healthy. It does beg the question though, what do we do in the off season? 
 I believe lawler is a fa in the off season isn’t he? I’d be happy to bring him back, but it has to be at a good discount. 
 Schoen is maybe the most valuable for his ability to become a pressure release and find openings when zach gets pressure. That was key for zach over the last two years. 
 Lawler gives you the ability to dominate and beat the D the whole night like last night. 
 I’d let Wilson and wheatfall fight for a starting spot next year. 

I can imagine a situation where the Bombers say to Schoen and Lawler (or imply) ... Look... We gave you a lot of money to play last year and you missed a lot of time. Give them a contract which is generous but fair for the club and I think they stay. Winning culture and all that.

I could definitely see a situation where one of the new guys (Wilson, Wheatfall) walk. It's the nature of things. Unless they take Rasheed Bailey type of contracts we likely can't fit in a big bump.

All that said, we seem to perform magic in the offseason.

We will go with Lawler next yr...Schoen isn't a guarantee in when he will be back....and when he is back if he is actually 'back" if you know what I mean.

You seen last night what Lawler does...and he is in his prime an the type of receivers he is...he will have a lot of prime yrs

Schoen won't be on the books to start the yr, and coming off reconstructive surgery will be a discount anyway...just nature of the beast. Lawler loves it here...is a team first guy, and appreciative as well...he will come back on a fair and team friendly deal like WJ has for us

I can see the starting 2025 cast right out of the gate as Lawler, Demski, Wilson, Wheatfall and a heavy Woli/Clercius rotation unless some rookie comes in and shots the lights out, but generally thats not how we roll so any incumbent will be locked in and TC will just be a formality really and I okay with that for that group.

Any new guy will be the role Lucky has as a returner/rotational piece and I fine with letting him come back and compete and have a legit battle where the best man wins.

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

I can imagine a situation where the Bombers say to Schoen and Lawler (or imply) ... Look... We gave you a lot of money to play last year and you missed a lot of time. Give them a contract which is generous but fair for the club and I think they stay. Winning culture and all that.

I could definitely see a situation where one of the new guys (Wilson, Wheatfall) walk. It's the nature of things. Unless they take Rasheed Bailey type of contracts we likely can't fit in a big bump.

All that said, we seem to perform magic in the offseason.

Wilson and Wheatfall are signed for 2 more seasons.

They can only go to NFL....and I don't see either being anywhere near that level.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I think we make a choice: either lawler or shoen, with wilson and wheatfall on rookie deals we could use the cap savings on dline (whoever is the best deal)   

Theres only one football so having 4 stud recievers is redundant. 

I think they keep them all personally.

Going to be a lot of money opening up on D.  K Wilson becomes a rookie deal, Bighill opens up 80-85 k.  Between those two guys there's money to add someone in the HB/SAM/S region or a top rush end.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

We will go with Lawler next yr...Schoen isn't a guarantee in when he will be back....and when he is back if he is actually 'back" if you know what I mean.

You seen last night what Lawler does...and he is in his prime an the type of receivers he is...he will have a lot of prime yrs

Schoen won't be on the books to start the yr, and coming off reconstructive surgery will be a discount anyway...just nature of the beast. Lawler loves it here...is a team first guy, and appreciative as well...he will come back on a fair and team friendly deal like WJ has for us

I can see the starting 2025 cast right out of the gate as Lawler, Demski, Wilson, Wheatfall and a heavy Woli/Clercius rotation unless some rookie comes in and shots the lights out, but generally thats not how we roll so any incumbent will be locked in and TC will just be a formality really and I okay with that for that group.

Any new guy will be the role Lucky has as a returner/rotational piece and I fine with letting him come back and compete and have a legit battle where the best man wins.

I don’t know how any team can walk away from Kenny. No wr in the league has to ability to make the catches lawler does. Hes the only guy who can moss dbs. He gives you a chance on every play no matter the coverage. 

I wonder if we would dangle a guy like Wilson in a trade. I like wheatfall a bit better but both are good players.  Wilson just succeeds and has great potential. 
It’s a great problem to have. I wouldn’t mind at all going into next year with every one in the wr core. Never know when any one could get hurt. 

12 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

You bring them all back you are not making it through the year with everyone playing 18 games.

I think the only limitation on that is you’d need to find another kr position. I don’t think you carry a di kr wr and a di rotational wr. 
If you could find a dime db who is also a good kr that’d be sick. 

Lawler makes what 285 this year, he could get cut back to 230 which would put him more in line with other top wr. Schoen likely would sign for the 230 he got this year and you have to figure he's on the 6 game for at least 6 or more games next year so you save some $ there.

Don't bring back Bighill, Wilson, Thomas and Alexander. That saves you a ton.

32 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Lawler makes what 285 this year, he could get cut back to 230 which would put him more in line with other top wr. Schoen likely would sign for the 230 he got this year and you have to figure he's on the 6 game for at least 6 or more games next year so you save some $ there.

Don't bring back Bighill, Wilson, Thomas and Alexander. That saves you a ton.

Man, winning a 'ship this year would go such a long way toward easing the door open with less of a firm boot in the ass...

Edited by Noeller

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I think the only limitation on that is you’d need to find another kr position. I don’t think you carry a di kr wr and a di rotational wr. 
If you could find a dime db who is also a good kr that’d be sick. 

With what we're getting from Whitehead if we sent 9 after every punt and just had the first DB back to the ball fall on it we'd probably net about the same over 18 games if we blocked a punt every 3-4 games and sped up the punter a bit.

15 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

HH to the lady behind me that accidentally beaned me in the skull with her cowbell in the 4th quarter.

Probably did more damage to the bell than you. I had pieces flying off mine last night. Might have to old school with a drum stick and proper musical bell. Those Bomber ones just don’t last a whole season…

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I think we make a choice: either lawler or shoen, with wilson and wheatfall on rookie deals we could use the cap savings on dline (whoever is the best deal)   

Theres only one football so having 4 stud recievers is redundant. 

Having 4 stud receivers is redundant? 
Not for me, I think I’d cope with that with all those touchdowns and whatnot.

33 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Probably did more damage to the bell than you. I had pieces flying off mine last night. Might have to old school with a drum stick and proper musical bell. Those Bomber ones just don’t last a whole season…

Ya the wife ended up getting some heavy duty ones at Princess Auto that have held up much better. Those team ones... The bell pops out way too easy. 

Edited by Noeller

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Having 4 stud receivers is redundant? 
Not for me, I think I’d cope with that with all those touchdowns and whatnot.

The trouble is when you spend that money on one position you sacrifice at another. Having Wilson,Wheatfall,Wolitarski demski plus either Schoen or Lawler is pretty good to me especially if it gives you 125k to spend elsewhere

Just now, Pete said:

The trouble is when you spend that money on one position you sacrifice at another. Having Wilson,Wheatfall,Wolitarski demski plus either Schoen or Lawler is pretty good to me especially if it gives you 125k to spend elsewhere

I get it man I just had a hard time with that sentence 4 stud receivers is redundant. :)