3 stars plus hh return of the blue bullies

wbbfan

First star. Zach. Tons of yards and 6 TD passes. Any qb dreams about such a performance.

Second star. Kenny “The Claw” Lawler. The one hand grab - crowd was amazed. The sliding under defender snag. The TD toe in - the refs couldn't even believe it.

Third Star. It was. Brady. His TD catch and run just didn’t stop. They couldn’t bring him down. Shades of Sellers. He was NOT going to be denied that TD.

Happy Honker. He could have been a third star but Nic Demski was on full display. To be honest, Kinda feel bad he’s not a star but I don’t make a habit picking more than one player per star, but one player is how it’s gotta be for me. So this is his mention.

Gotta shout out to TyJuan Garbutt. D line guys don’t score, if ever. Fumble recovery for TD - surprisingly fast for the first 40 yards. Grabbed a leg preventing a third and short conversion.

Edited by Rod Black

I'll take a different tack here. That was such a team win. The only players that stuck out in a bad way were Bonds getting beat by Lewis repeatedly and Haba over pursuing and blowing contain on that long 3rd down catch. And Willie was somewhat invisible. But the whole team played so well. 

With that said...

1. ZC with the 6 TDs, no turnovers, a bundle of yards and a few deep shots on the money. Was so pleasing to watch what is still possible for him. 

2. Lawler balling out. I'd still take Schoen over him as Lawler can be hot and cold while Schoen seems more consistently excellent. But Lawler when he's on hits levels other receivers can't.

3. Demski and Brady with clutch TDs featuring YAC. 

HH Garbutt with a sack and a fumble return TD. Kramdi stellar on run stops. The D on the whole. 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Lawler was absolutely insane tonight. The reaction of the crowd after that one handed robbery was hilarious. Nobody could believe what they saw.

Even the elk players reaction was priceless. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The best look was the Elk player on the sideline doing his raised eyebrows after Lawlers catch. lol.

Haha yes. Just like, oh damn! Some one needs to gif that. 

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

HH to MBTs ancestors for having to watch that gong show lmfao

His ancestors … “look what they did to my boy!” .meme

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It’s funny. If the O had played an average game for this year tonight, we probably lose. D has a bit of a tough night, the O goes to defcon 1 and nukes the crap out of the elk. 
 Great teams get hot at the right time and find ways to win. If the O can stay reasonably hot it’s gonna be a hell of a play offs. 

The fact that we were so far ahead had Edmonton going for it on some 3rd down plays where they would have otherwise punted or kicked field goals, so if the game was closer, I don't think that they actually score as many points as they did.

1 minute ago, Sard said:

The fact that we were so far ahead had Edmonton going for it on some 3rd down plays where they would have otherwise punted or kicked field goals, so if the game was closer, I don't think that they actually score as many points as they did.

Tons of "garbage time" points, even with a half to play...

It's pretty obvious who deserves the top 3.  

I think the unsung heroes that I would throw in would be:  

Kramdi ,  Ayers,  the O-Line with maybe an exception to Lofton who was beat several times.   

The only turd moment was Haba blowing that 3rd down tackle... outside of that everyone was locked in.  

29 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It's pretty obvious who deserves the top 3.  

I think the unsung heroes that I would throw in would be:  

Kramdi ,  Ayers,  the O-Line with maybe an exception to Lofton who was beat several times.   

The only turd moment was Haba blowing that 3rd down tackle... outside of that everyone was locked in.  

That whiff on that tackle by Haba was brutal. He has to be much better than that. 

Three Stars:

1. Zach Collaros. Showed he still has it & maybe this is his emergence from his year long slumer at qb. IF it is then watch out CFL. 

2. Kenny Lawler: Wow, wow, wow, wow, Did I say wow??? Wow.

3.. Brady Oliveira. That TD he scored showed not only great strength but balnace as well. He's dialed in. 

Happy Honker to Nic Demski. Two tds last night. He looks ready for the playoffs.

My 1999 Bomber season seats tell me that last night wasn’t even a really rough game for the Defence though. 
That was 100% a Kerwin Bell garbage time performance by the Elks. 
Reminded me soooo much of those late 90s Bomber teams that would be down 35-1 with like a 49-29 final. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

6 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

My 1999 Bomber season seats tell me that last night wasn’t even a really rough game for the Defence though. 
Reminded me soooo much of those late 90s Bomber teams that would be down 35-1 with like a 49-29 final. 

Hey, I still have PTSD from having to suffer watching Bell and that D.

Collaros was great but I think Lawler and Demski really put things over the top last night. Some huge catches and a few "can't be denied" moments (Brady had a few of those too) 

With all due respect to Dalton Schoen and Woli, I'm really liking our combination of receivers right now. Each one of them brings a lot to the table and it seems like they're really coming together at the right time.

30 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

The difference is how many big plays we gave up. 4 different players with huge plays, 25, 47, 42, and 37 yards. Rankin had two huge runs of 30+ yards then brown had a 25. That’s pretty wild. We got gouged bad on the ground again despite being well ahead. 
 We need to clean up gap cancelling and getting off blocks as well as tackling. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The difference is how many big plays we gave up. 4 different players with huge plays, 25, 47, 42, and 37 yards. Rankin had two huge runs of 30+ yards then brown had a 25. That’s pretty wild. We got gouged bad on the ground again despite being well ahead. 
 We need to clean up gap cancelling and getting off blocks as well as tackling. 

True dat! Tackling! It seemed like Rankin was always getting through first contact and it would take 4 Bomber D to bring him down. Too many whiffs!

I will give MBT some credit, he just kept trotting out there with same strange gait no matter what. That is one weird dude.