3 stars plus hh return of the blue bullies

wbbfan

46 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Probably did more damage to the bell than you. I had pieces flying off mine last night. Might have to old school with a drum stick and proper musical bell. Those Bomber ones just don’t last a whole season…

Princess Auto…  Not just a stadium name, but where to go for all your cowbell needs. 

I’ve had mine for over ten years and nary a dent. 

54 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I get it man I just had a hard time with that sentence 4 stud receivers is redundant. :)

redundant was probably the wrong word.. just meant there is only one football having 4 stud receivers means that to keep each happy your just taking away catches from another

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Ya the wife ended up getting some heavy duty ones at Princess Auto that have held up much better. Those team ones... The bell pops out way too easy. 

33 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Princess Auto…  Not just a stadium name, but where to go for all your cowbell needs. 

I’ve had mine for over ten years and nary a dent. 

I will have to check them out. I have a true percussive bell and drums sticks for beating on it but there was a point at the old stadium they told us we weren’t allowed drums sticks as they could be weapons. That doesn’t seem to be an issue anymore but will check out a PA store. 

6 hours ago, BBlink said:

Collaros was great but I think Lawler and Demski really put things over the top last night. Some huge catches and a few "can't be denied" moments (Brady had a few of those too) 

With all due respect to Dalton Schoen and Woli, I'm really liking our combination of receivers right now. Each one of them brings a lot to the table and it seems like they're really coming together at the right time.

Do we need Schoen? Jettisoning his salary would help us in other positions.

I think jettisoned salaries of biggie...Thomas...Wilson.. BA..Gauthier..Schoen essentially for first 3rd of season at minimum we should be fine.

If Stan hangs em up..big cash there but I can't see him retired really...is Neuf back? 

With MCI I can see JA gone...

I think we will be fine $$ wise

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think jettisoned salaries of biggie...Thomas...Wilson.. BA..Gauthier..Schoen essentially for first 3rd of season at minimum we should be fine.

If Stan hangs em up..big cash there but I can't see him retired really...is Neuf back? 

Yup. Remove some of the vets. Some have already been replaced by guys on rookie contracts as is so that makes the most sense. Kyrie Biggie are not needed. The cheaper Ayers and Jones are better. BA can go. Jake can go. Gauthier. Augustine serves no purpose. But you also gotta pay guys like Ford also so… do we need Lawler Schoen demski Wilson and wheatfall? No but why not if you can. If you can make it work, you do. 

Zack.......he hit his stride last night and that stride looks like the Collaros of old...lights out

Lawler.....I call him the 'magic man' ....how he can continually make receptions like he does is welllll magical....worth the price of admission alone

Brady O.....just punished the opposition on most of his runs.....this guy is a workhorse and an exemplary example of how this game should be played

Hounarable mention to the DBS....

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Woli could retire. I have no basis for saying that other than he always struck me as a guy that would have no trouble walking away when he felt it was time.

I could see that. If we win and the injury is gonna be a tough recovery. He turns 30 before next camp. He could honestly retire or play 5 more years all depending on what we wants. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I think that WJ is a big decision too. He makes massive money and really needs limited reps and to be restricted in his role. He coasts soo damn much playing for pass kds, and is horrid at run stopping.  If we want to be a full time 30 front team, we’d be better off finding big 3/4i tech types who can bull rush. 
 Going forward with fox, Lawson, Adams, woods, schmekel, hubert and one more imp dl would be ideal. Casey sayles back would be sick. 

I seriously wonder if we win a ship, does zach retire? I think it’s a strong possibility. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think that WJ is a big decision too. He makes massive money and really needs limited reps and to be restricted in his role. He coasts soo damn much playing for pass kds, and is horrid at run stopping.  If we want to be a full time 30 front team, we’d be better off finding big 3/4i tech types who can bull rush. 
 Going forward with fox, Lawson, Adams, woods, schmekel, hubert and one more imp dl would be ideal. Casey sayles back would be sick. 

I seriously wonder if we win a ship, does zach retire? I think it’s a strong possibility. 

So many of these guys want next year at home... They're not going anywhere.

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The difference is how many big plays we gave up. 4 different players with huge plays, 25, 47, 42, and 37 yards. Rankin had two huge runs of 30+ yards then brown had a 25. That’s pretty wild. We got gouged bad on the ground again despite being well ahead. 
 We need to clean up gap cancelling and getting off blocks as well as tackling. 

Giving up big ground gains cost us nothing tonight, but you can bet you bippy that every other team in the CFL has archived that for the playoffs and if the game is close in the 4th quarter, they will plan to go for grinding it out. Where are all the 320lb nose tackles?

22 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Giving up big ground gains cost us nothing tonight, but you can bet you bippy that every other team in the CFL has archived that for the playoffs and if the game is close in the 4th quarter, they will plan to go for grinding it out. Where are all the 320lb nose tackles?

A game plan based on how the Bombers played with a 30 point lead? Foolishness.

8 hours ago, Pete said:

The trouble is when you spend that money on one position you sacrifice at another. Having Wilson,Wheatfall,Wolitarski demski plus either Schoen or Lawler is pretty good to me especially if it gives you 125k to spend elsewhere

We'd be better off moving on from Thomas, Bighill, K.Wilson, Alexander and Augustine over moving on from Schoen.

19 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

A game plan based on how the Bombers played with a 30 point lead? Foolishness.

Did you miss the previous week? Or that we are in the bottom tier of run D stats? Giving up 100+ rush yards a game, 1500 rush yards surrendered going into this week, and 5.4 a pop? Given up the most big play rushes in the league? We are on track to give up almost 2000 yards rushing this year on D. 
 If you think what ever team we play don’t be game planning around running the ball THAT is foolish. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Did you miss the previous week? Or that we are in the bottom tier of run D stats? Giving up 100+ rush yards a game, 1500 rush yards surrendered going into this week, and 5.4 a pop? Given up the most big play rushes in the league? We are on track to give up almost 2000 yards rushing this year on D. 
 If you think what ever team we play don’t be game planning around running the ball THAT is foolish. 

We love to crow on this board that playoff ball is bully ball. Well, we are getting bullied against the run at the moment. I hope they can clean It up.

13 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Lawler makes what 285 this year, he could get cut back to 230 which would put him more in line with other top wr. Schoen likely would sign for the 230 he got this year and you have to figure he's on the 6 game for at least 6 or more games next year so you save some $ there.

Don't bring back Bighill, Wilson, Thomas and Alexander. That saves you a ton.

Not Zach, nor Lawler, nor nobody else is going to accept less pay if they keep winning and make it to the GC game. How would Walters justify offering them less for doing their jobs to the standard they agreed to?   If they missed the playoffs, he might have a legitimate case.

As for Lawler, last night was likely his peak career performance, not to be counted on or repeated next week or on any other date going forward.  The stars aligned perfectly for a spectacular one night show of highwire thrills, I doubt he ever has another game were fortune shines as brightly upon him as it did last night, and I hope both he and Zach are aware of that.  Some very good things only happen once, Matt Dunigan knows.

Edited by Fatty Liver

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It is what it is - JY is running a version of that old Stubler D. The first half showed what the D can do. They have carried this team to multiple wins - now the O had one good game, and it was about time.

Next yr we can effectively be on an entry level deal at 3 wide reciever spots (Wilson.. Wheatfall..Clercius)

Should be at 2 DT spots (Woods and Adams) and 2 entry deals at DE to go with WJ

Entry at CB (Bonds) Wil (Ayers) cheap at MAC (Jones) 

MCI for JA and whomever replaces JA spot will be cheaper

That's a lot of potential savings there

And really with ratio...we don't need 140k at SAM for a Canadian which can essentially be filled with an entry...or cheaper American with some yrs under his belt...I can see if Kramdi was an elite game changer who teams scheme to avoid...but he's not

Dropping Biggie..Thomas..Wilson...BA...Gauthier...possibly even Neuf gives us approximately 800k or slightly more of cash that we can replace with about 500k in salary giving us 300k+ surplus...drop Kramdis money in there and it's almost 400k...that's 2 big fish we could bring in via free agency Not to mention any surplus from the aforementioned projected guys

We will have the cash and resources on hand to pay some guys...but also have incumbents coming back who are young..experienced now and have more upside...not the scenario of incumbents who are experienced..but also on downside...or breaking down and were defacto starters cause essentially they been here a while

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

It is what it is - JY is running a version of that old Stubler D. The first half showed what the D can do. They have carried this team to multiple wins - now the O had one good game, and it was about time.

It is not a version of what stubler ran Lol. Stubler used a 3-4 to send exotic blitz packages, and his coverage was true zone with guys blanketing first down range to take away the intermediate pass. Not deep quarters and match zone/slit field zone. The commitment to bend but don’t break drop 9 came after stubler left the argos. Stublers D was about pressure. He picked up his primary base concept from Don Mathew’s in 1990 on the argos. 

None of that has to do with the point or claim made in any of the posts. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It is not a version of what stubler ran Lol. Stubler used a 3-4 to send exotic blitz packages, and his coverage was true zone with guys blanketing first down range to take away the intermediate pass. Not deep quarters and match zone/slit field zone. The commitment to bend but don’t break drop 9 came after stubler left the argos. Stublers D was about pressure. He picked up his primary base concept from Don Mathew’s in 1990 on the argos. 

None of that has to do with the point or claim made in any of the posts. 

Stubler would run a zone dog and blitz LB's but he was a base cover 3 guy.  That was the hallmark of those 00's Argos teams.  Teams that challenged that D vertically could succeed which was basically the difference when the Bombers played them in that era.  If our QB was willing to make some throws into those zones where you'd get 1 on 1 looks.  Everything intermediate was match coverage.  Bombers had the receivers to do it with guys like Armstrong.

Stubler basically invented guys like Jefferson too.  He's not a Don Matthews disciple.