3 stars plus hh return of the blue bullies

wbbfan

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Stubler would run a zone dog and blitz LB's but he was a base cover 3 guy.  That was the hallmark of those 00's Argos teams.  Teams that challenged that D vertically could succeed which was basically the difference when the Bombers played them in that era.  If our QB was willing to make some throws into those zones where you'd get 1 on 1 looks.  Everything intermediate was match coverage.  Bombers had the receivers to do it with guys like Armstrong.

Stubler basically invented guys like Jefferson too.  He's not a Don Matthews disciple.

He is, but not exclusively. Don is where he got the whole pressure pack, and the Don used guys like Willy long before stubler. 2000s and late 90s stubler was all about those blitz packages. As soon as he left the argos those went out the window. 

8 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Not Zach, nor Lawler, nor nobody else is going to accept less pay if they keep winning and make it to the GC game. How would Walters justify offering them less for doing their jobs to the standard they agreed to?   If they missed the playoffs, he might have a legitimate case.

As for Lawler, last night was likely his peak career performance, not to be counted on or repeated next week or on any other date going forward.  The stars aligned perfectly for a spectacular one night show of highwire thrills, I doubt he ever has another game were fortune shines as brightly upon him as it did last night, and I hope both he and Zach are aware of that.  Some very good things only happen once, Matt Dunigan knows.

I’m certain if he were to offer them less, word would spread and any players interested in signing with the bombers would think twice. Develops into a futureless organization with no legacy. Giving a 20% haircut on salary because you performed well is bad management of core assets. Currently it’s not likely the franchise will be having fund raising dinners to make ends meet. 

Edited by Rod Black

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Next yr we can effectively be on an entry level deal at 3 wide reciever spots (Wilson.. Wheatfall..Clercius)

Should be at 2 DT spots (Woods and Adams) and 2 entry deals at DE to go with WJ

Entry at CB (Bonds) Wil (Ayers) cheap at MAC (Jones) 

MCI for JA and whomever replaces JA spot will be cheaper

That's a lot of potential savings there

And really with ratio...we don't need 140k at SAM for a Canadian which can essentially be filled with an entry...or cheaper American with some yrs under his belt...I can see if Kramdi was an elite game changer who teams scheme to avoid...but he's not

Dropping Biggie..Thomas..Wilson...BA...Gauthier...possibly even Neuf gives us approximately 800k or slightly more of cash that we can replace with about 500k in salary giving us 300k+ surplus...drop Kramdis money in there and it's almost 400k...that's 2 big fish we could bring in via free agency Not to mention any surplus from the aforementioned projected guys

We will have the cash and resources on hand to pay some guys...but also have incumbents coming back who are young..experienced now and have more upside...not the scenario of incumbents who are experienced..but also on downside...or breaking down and were defacto starters cause essentially they been here a while

While you've been persistently complaining about Kramdi throughout this season, he's been busy becoming a team leader on defence and working his way into all-star contention.  I guess he's this year's version of Evan Holm.

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

A game plan based on how the Bombers played with a 30 point lead? Foolishness.

The Bombers have been vulnerable to this sort of thing for a couple of years now and it has cost them in the past, and it has been an Achille's heel not just when the Bombers were comfortably ahead. I suggest it has been the result of a poor d-line interior, and MLB. If that does not get fixed, it is likely to cost us again at a critical time.

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

I’m certain if he were to offer them less, word would spread and any players interested in signing with the bombers would think twice. Develops into a futureless organization with no legacy. Giving a 20% haircut on salary because you performed well is bad management of core assets. Currently it’s not likely the franchise will be having fund raising dinners to make ends meet. 

So you think the club offers Lawler $285,000 again? I don't. Receiver market has changed.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

So you think the club offers Lawler $285,000 again? I don't. Receiver market has changed.

Did Friday nights performance prove he deserves a 55 thousand decrease in salary? Or #10, he also had a stellar game.
I see you are concerned about getting bang for the buck and were having fun speculating how to save. So if KLaw will take a massive cut, perhaps he’d do that. I also don’t think his pay is 285 OR 230. If the club can afford it pay him 285 again, its their choice. If KLaw agrees to 230 it’s also his choice.
Yet, his agent that full well knows the market, and agrees the standard is 285 and that agent might represent 20% of every player in the league has a legitimate role as well. If the Blue offers 230, there will be 8 other teams, on speed dial, that would consider way more. He leaves because of poor negotiating strategy by Walters, don’t expect him to even care about being on the Ring of Honour.
Bombers have 2 of the top 5 paid receivers, Lawler and Demski, in the league. The club is far from claiming poverty. 

Edited by Rod Black

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

Did Friday nights performance prove he deserves a 55 thousand decrease in salary? Or #10, he also had a stellar game.
I see you are concerned about getting bang for the buck and were having fun speculating how to save. So if KLaw will take a massive cut, perhaps he’d do that. I also don’t think his pay is 285 OR 230. If the club can afford it pay him 285 again, its their choice. If KLaw agrees to 230 it’s also his choice.
Yet, his agent that full well knows the market, and agrees the standard is 285 and that agent might represent 20% of every player in the league has a legitimate role as well. If the Blue offers 230, there will be 8 other teams, on speed dial, that would consider way more. He leaves because of poor negotiating strategy by Walters, don’t expect him to even care about being on the Ring of Honour.
Bombers have 2 of the top 5 paid receivers, Lawler and Demski, in the league. The club is far from claiming poverty. 

Thing is the standard isn't 285 when you compare him to other receivers. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So I guess we gotta ask... Lawler gonna do that every game? Or is this just a rare thing now? Cause where has THAT guy been all season?

Well he was injured for like half the season, and Zach wasnt exactly looking his way very often when he was in the lineup. I think that will change now lol.

2 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Based on his year to date, it's a one off. 

We dont need ZC to be this every week though. 

Hope we didnt peek to early...

Bonds is an all star. What a great find. 

Bonds has been good but he was picked on big time last game. His worst game of the year. Hopefully he rebounds.

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Bonds has been good but he was picked on big time last game. His worst game of the year. Hopefully he rebounds.

Picked on... elks were going to their best receiver to try and get anything going and he made some plays. It happens. We gonna **** talk the edmonton dbs who were covering Lawler last game?

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Picked on... elks were going to their best receiver to try and get anything going and he made some plays. It happens. We gonna **** talk the edmonton dbs who were covering Lawler last game?

Eugene Lewis couldn’t hold Kenny Lawlers’s jock. If he wasnt getting beat he was taking PI calls. He’s been good this year, but it was a bad game, it happens. Hopefully he rebounds.

On 2024-09-29 at 11:14 AM, Fatty Liver said:

While you've been persistently complaining about Kramdi throughout this season, he's been busy becoming a team leader on defence and working his way into all-star contention.  I guess he's this year's version of Evan Holm.

I agree... I'm not sure he's at an all-star level... but he is turning into a very, very good football player... no doubt there are some guys on the D that we need to move on from... Kramdi is definitely not one of them... there's a role for him on my team any day

11 hours ago, 17to85 said:

While we're on the topic... after re-watching the game... really noticed Edm DBs #15 and 16 were abused all night long

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

I agree... I'm not sure he's at an all-star level... but he is turning into a very, very good football player... no doubt there are some guys on the D that we need to move on from... Kramdi is definitely not one of them... there's a role for him on my team any day

While we're on the topic... after re-watching the game... really noticed Edm DBs #15 and 16 were abused all night long

I haven't been a fan of Kramdi. However,  he has been playing well of late.

32 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I haven't been a fan of Kramdi. However,  he has been playing well of late.

same...and agree....but he not playing at a 140k Cap hit level tho....especially when you can roster an American for basically half that...or a damn good all-star level one with a few yrs under his bet for 30k less

There is spots on roster for paying bigger bucks for nationals such as either line...WR....RB(if and only if he generational like BO)...kicker..,..Legit cover HB/Corner...Definitely tho not at lb....or an import RB...Thats not good allocation of SMS money in a spot where you can easily fill it...We have 3 guys currently on roster who can do as good if not better job for way less money

Edited by Booch

Collaros. Is it a one off? Maybe. But earlier this year he put up over 300 against Calgary and Toronto and had 218 yards when he got hurt against Sask. so a one off? Doesn’t look like it. 6 td passes is a 1 off but putting up numbers? He’s done it. The game vs Sask might have even been more when all was said and done if he played the 2nd half.