3 stars plus hh punching holes in donuts

Not sure if this was mentioned.

Did anyone else catch the bit where Milt said he got a scolding from mgmt for the way he was stepping on Kate?

I only half listen to the panel so it might have been another attempt at humour, but it seemed somewhat legit, as there was definitely some dead air after he said it. 

Of course it could have also been another weak attempt at levity. 

1 minute ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Not sure if this was mentioned.

Did anyone else catch the bit where Milt said he got a scolding from mgmt for the way he was stepping on Kate?

I only half listen to the panel so it might have been another attempt at humour, but it seemed somewhat legit, as there was definitely some dead air after he said it. 

Of course it could have also been another weak attempt at levity. 

yeah...I caught that...when he said producer was in his ear piece telling him to not interrupt...or cut off Kate....I found that the best part of the broadcast and confirms they want her to be basically a tool and create the crap we have to ingest

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...I caught that...when he said producer was in his ear piece telling him to not interrupt...or cut off Kate....I found that the best part of the broadcast and confirms they want her to be basically a tool and create the crap we have to ingest

Further confirms what an amateur Milt is, to repeat it on air. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

I respect milt more for calling out the clown show. 

I also remember Milt saying a few things on the broadcast, like showing up at someone's house he remarked, and Kate telling Milt he can't say that and him saying he can and the deathstare that Kate gave him afterwards.

Anyways, they all, and I mean all involved in its production, share varying levels of blame of why this broadcast scores high on cringy crap.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I also remember Milt saying a few things on the broadcast, like showing up at someone's house he remarked, and Kate telling Milt he can't say that and him saying he can and the deathstare that Kate gave him afterwards.

Anyways, they all, and I mean all involved in its production, share varying levels of blame of why this broadcast scores high on cringy crap.

Yup. I said the other day if milt wasn’t a bomber legend I’m not sure what I’d think of him if I just knew him as the tsn clown. They are all part of the problem there. Top down. TSN takes the majority of the blame and CFL for not demanding better but cfl kinda amateur ish, the product is solid but everything around it is amateur hour from refs to analysts to panels to decisions to just everything but the football is crap. 

Edited by Goalie

I think they want/ask Milt to play the clown part...I also think he tiring of it based on the last several broadcasts....As I know him and he not like that "guy" he plays on the panel.

Just watch his and Sanchez's podcast for an example.....totally different, or any football related camp....appearance...charity venture...even interview he does...

Not sure what the TSN Production execs are looking for, or wanting to produce but amateur comedy hour shctick...and the same ol same ol nothingness isnt what viewers want....or need for that matter

Edited by Booch

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I think they want/ask Milt to play the clown part...I also think he tiring of it based on the last several broadcasts....As I know him and he not like that "guy" he plays on the panel.

Just watch his and Sanchez's podcast for an example.....totally different,

Not sure what the TSN Production execs are looking for, or wanting to produce but amateur comedy hour shctick...and the same ol same ol nothingness isnt what viewers want....or need for that matter

Yea like what market are they pandering to? If its the 9-12 year olds, they are greatly succeeding.

Now that I think about it maybe this is their master plan, they're trying to attract Gen Z and Gen Alpha's in becoming CFL fans.

Brilliant.

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The producer/director is certainly at the the core of the problem. 
 Milts “character” is extremely cringe inducing. 
 I wonder if it ever actually changes though. I assume tsn doesn’t really care what they do as long as it remains cheap enough. 

until someone else steps up and says..."we want.this game..that game....etc..etc" and show their production and telecast plans

It's without question the Executive Producer that makes the call. All of the talent will have regular "one on one's" with the producer to talk about their performance and make adjustments as needed. 

So I'm sure Milt is being given instruction on not interrupting people and talking over the host especially. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It's without question the Executive Producer that makes the call. All of the talent will have regular "one on one's" with the producer to talk about their performance and make adjustments as needed. 

So I'm sure Milt is being given instruction on not interrupting people and talking over the host especially. 

I'd get that if the host was adding something to the content...more times than not tho she isn't and is perpetuating the stupidity...and use your real voice for gods sake...not that fake thing she using on screen

4 hours ago, Booch said:

I'd get that if the host was adding something to the content...more times than not tho she isn't and is perpetuating the stupidity...and use your real voice for gods sake...not that fake thing she using on screen

Fake voice is unfortunately a thing now - the more you can make it crack - the better.