3 stars plus hh punching holes in donuts

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Hot take: Wilson has been better at running the wedges than Streveler was at any point this year. 

Streveler never ran the wedge. Every single time he was running that off the side plunge. They don’t get cute with Wilson. The ol has also played the best ball of the last 2 years in the last two games. 

So Edm averaged almost 39 points per game in their wins during a 5-1 stretch... only to play Wpg and put up 14 and 20*... Ham was averaging over 33 ppg in their 4-0 run... only to match up against Wpg and score 10... the D certainly makes us nervous at times... but at the end of he day they get the job done...

*not counting the last TD that clearly wasn't a TD... and also noting most of those points were in garbage time 

17 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

With all the advantages offenses are given these days, the D is really playing outstanding.

And, we heard again on here before and during the game:  "The ti-cats know our weakness is up the middle, they will exploit it." Yet, game after game, they shut the door.

I always thought this defence was primed to get gashed by the run, but they haven’t really let it happen to any harm, it’s impressive how they can situationally shut down anything they have to.
JY (with maybe some input from Hall) has put together a strategic masterpiece to this point. 

I almost want them to wait til next week to clinch first so they can show Chad Kelly what no means with full force. 

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

Hot take: Wilson has been better at running the wedges than Streveler was at any point this year. 

True but not only that our offence has been way better as a whole. It’s not entirely Strevelers fault but those little packages of 2nd and mid were failing and killing drives. Now they’re leaving Zach in and on second and four they could use Brady or pass which keeps the D honest. 

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

So Edm averaged almost 39 points per game in their wins during a 5-1 stretch... only to play Wpg and put up 14 and 20*... Ham was averaging over 33 ppg in their 4-0 run... only to match up against Wpg and score 10... the D certainly makes us nervous at times... but at the end of he day they get the job done...

*not counting the last TD that clearly wasn't a TD... and also noting most of those points were in garbage time 

They gave up one big run and that’s it. The dl when Jake was off flashed excellent play. Even when fatboi was at 3i with 3 ends he did ok. If we would stop putting out 2 Canadians at the same time in the front 6 and split Thomas’ reps down to a reasonable amount we’d be in good shape for pressure and gap canceling. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I continue to be fascinated in the length of time it takes before the referee calls the play dead on short yardage plays. 

It’s wild some times. Wilson got like 3 cracks at it once. Then they fast whistled and called it a td any way lol. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I always thought this defence was primed to get gashed by the run, but they haven’t really let it happen to any harm, it’s impressive how they can situationally shut down anything they have to.
JY (with maybe some input from Hall) has put together a strategic masterpiece to this point. 

I almost want them to wait til next week to clinch first so they can show Chad Kelly what no means with full force. 

Buuurnnnn.

Brady O.......super performance....this guy is our motivator and one helluva talent

Receivers in general.....really liked that Clercius got his first td under his belt and many more to come

Zack and the O Line........Zack is really on his game and the hogs are really opening up some big holes for Brady

Edited by Stickem

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Streveler never ran the wedge. Every single time he was running that off the side plunge. They don’t get cute with Wilson. The ol has also played the best ball of the last 2 years in the last two games. 

This 100%...  with Wilson they are just letting the O-line push people back and keeping it simple.  I wish they had done the same with Strev on the short yardage and elsewhere.   

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

This 100%...  with Wilson they are just letting the O-line push people back and keeping it simple.  I wish they had done the same with Strev on the short yardage and elsewhere.   

Strev. was on a one year contract, can't really see any point to re-signing him in the off-season, whatever magic he once had, is gone.

A contributing factor in the success of the defence is how well the team bleeds the time clock while on offence.

The Bombers can run the hurry up when needed but most of the time they are  purposely draining the clock as much as possible.

It's something that O'Shea takes great pride in and proclaims that the team is the best in the league at it.

3 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

A contributing factor in the success of the defence is how well the team bleeds the time clock while on offence.

The Bombers can run the hurry up when needed but most of the time they are  purposely draining the clock as much as possible.

It's something that O'Shea takes great pride in and proclaims that the team is the best in the league at it.

Last night was a masterfully executed example.  Defense gets a quick stop and Brady and the O just absolutely drain the clock. Must have been completely demoralizing for Hamilton.

42 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I’d a been happy if they let Wilson do the job the whole time. Having the qb2 do it is just pointless risk. I mean Hamilton had litre doing it. 

14 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

It's not worth wasting another year to find out if he can or can't, with Zach's time left at the helm expiring quickly.  Time to put Strev's "what ifs" away in the past memory box and move on.

Dude was 1 and 0 as the starter and came in and dragged another game to OT when the offense was stuck going nowhere... I don't think it is a what if with the guy. We know he can play. He was not allowed to do anything but be a battering ram. 

With Zachs time expiring quickly it's all the more reason to NOT lose streveler.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Dude was 1 and 0 as the starter and came in and dragged another game to OT when the offense was stuck going nowhere... I don't think it is a what if with the guy. We know he can play. He was not allowed to do anything but be a battering ram. 

With Zachs time expiring quickly it's all the more reason to NOT lose streveler.

He remains a backup that can win the occasional game, as a future starter we'd be lucky if that translated into a .500 record, that is if he could remain healthy.  Coming out of the current era of success, that's not going to be good enough.  His demonstrated QB skill level falls somewhat below that of Dustin Crum.

What a bizarro season. If Collaros plays the last two games he has a pretty reasonable chance at setting a career high in yards. TDs/INTs are all out of whack but I don't think anyone would have expected that after the start and the injuries to receivers throughout the year.

34 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

He remains a backup that can win the occasional game, as a future starter we'd be lucky if that translated into a .500 record, that is if he could remain healthy.  Coming out of the current era of success, that's not going to be good enough.  His demonstrated QB skill level falls somewhat below that of Dustin Crum.

Biggest thing is that he's got two major surgeries/rehabs happening.  Likely not going to play next year until maybe after Labour Day.  So 2/3 of next season likely scrubbed.

Will someone sign him?

Will he ever have the capability to effectively run RPO stuff coming off injury and not fall apart immediately as he did this season?

Will he just transition into coaching?  He will be coveted on both sides of the border...obviously big $$$ potential in NCAA/NFL