3 stars plus hh punching holes in donuts

50 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Show your work

For what it's worth, considering the teams they played for were not evenly matched in talent, Crum outperformed in almost every category.

Crum

Year Team Games Passing Rushing
GP GS Record Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int Rtg Att Yds Y/A TD
2023 OTT 18 14 3–11 266 385 69.1 3,109 8.1 10 12 89.0 97 741 7.6 9
CFL Career 18 14 3–11 266 385 69.1 3,109 8.1 10 12 89.0 97 741 7.6 9

Strev.

2019 Wpg 17 8 3–5 156 234 66.7 1,564 6.7 8 14 72.0 127 726 5.7 12
CFL Career 35 12 4–8 242 374 64.7 2,698 7.2 19 19 81.8 204 1,167 5.7 22

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

For what it's worth, considering the teams they played for were not evenly matched in talent, Crum outperformed in almost every category.

Crum

2023 OTT 18 14 3–11 266 385 69.1 3,109 8.1 10 12 89.0 97 741 7.6 9
CFL Career 18 14 3–11 266 385 69.1 3,109 8.1 10 12 89.0 97 741 7.6 9

Strev.

2019 Wpg 17 8 3–5 156 234 66.7 1,564 6.7 8 14 72.0 127 726 5.7 12
CFL Career 35 12 4–8 242 374 64.7 2,698 7.2 19 19 81.8 204 1,167 5.7 22

Outperformed him in almost every category?   

Strev beats him in Wins,  TD/INT ratio,  TDs,   Rushing yards,  Rushing TD's....

Crum beats him in completion % , and yards per pass and rushing y/a ....    

Also how many GC rings does Crum have?   

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Outperformed him in almost every category?   

Strev beats him in Wins,  TD/INT ratio,  TDs,   Rushing yards,  Rushing TD's....

Crum beats him in completion % , and yards per pass and rushing y/a ....    

Also how many GC rings does Crum have?   

Challenged by statistics are we?

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I have to say I thought Kramdi was outstanding. He’s a guy that can literally hold his own covering anyone and is as solid as a tackler as there is. I know he was a “little slow” but he sees the game so well and for his responsibilities on the field I think he holds his own as well as any. 

He's been very good about a season and a half... Last season he got better with each rep and this year continued it IMO.

Strev was grossly misused and not given a chance to be a QB

And the snaps he was given was put in such a stupid scheme...totally predictable and basically 3 different plays...no doubt it would seem he wasn't what he was...and when never given reps..or use of playbook of course it took him a while to look comfortable 

Look at his start and his win...once he started to get more and more reps...he looked better...I feel sorry for the guy but also applaud him as being ultimate team guy and basically sacrificing his health for his brothers

5 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

"Streveler the NFL QB"???  What does that have to do with anything? 

If Crum was so good then why didn't he get a look in the NFL.    Where are the headlines of Crum lighting it up in NFL pre season?      You are trying to compare Crum saying that he outperformed Strev via stats which you already proved yourself to be wrong with what you posted.   If you are fixated on stats then I bring up where are the stats for Crum in the NFL which is significantly more difficult to play against then in the CFL.    

Strev is significantly better then Crum... Crum should only be compared to the absolute lowest of low QB's in the league.. I'd put him below Dolegala and probably have him only better then Dom Davis at this point.   

On 2024-10-04 at 10:12 PM, Booch said:

BO and oline...ramping up to playoff form

Defence...just getting it done...barely over 20 points a game now

ZC...more cerebral...and seems to have kicked the dumb stuff

A holy pathetic to the TSN telecast...Kate and her God awfulness...and that pathetic head shot on Pokey

Kate is great.

I like Kate.

She’s a good looking, strong woman with presence that doesn’t get lost in the noise / personalities of the panel. We aren’t getting serious or insightful analysis from anyone most nights so if you want to talk format and tone we can talk about Production but this isn’t some serious or stodgy thing.

I don’t get the Laura Diakun love. She may be fine on SC but in a setting like this, she’s a big “meh” to me - forgettable in every sense and it leaves the segments feeling very stale.

Now if we want to talk personalities who should STILL be at TSN (and hosting the panel) .. Natasha Staniszewski would be my choice. 

13 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I like Kate.

She’s a good looking, strong woman with presence that doesn’t get lost in the noise / personalities of the panel. We aren’t getting serious or insightful analysis from anyone most nights so if you want to talk format and tone we can talk about Production but this isn’t some serious or stodgy thing.

I don’t get the Laura Diakun love. She may be fine on SC but in a setting like this, she’s a big “meh” to me - forgettable in every sense and it leaves the segments feeling very stale.

Now if we want to talk personalities who should STILL be at TSN (and hosting the panel) .. Natasha Staniszewski would be my choice. 

Fair. That’s the beauty of life, most everything in life is subjective.

For me I’m not caring about her looks and I’m not looking for nor expecting detailed football analysis from her.

I’m looking for authentic non contrived genuine humorous hosting that she, in my opinion, is achieving the opposite that the other panel members feed off which is a whole other debate in what football people we need on these broadcasts. As for your bewilderment about people liking Laura, it’s quite simple, as Kate is the main host she is the bar we compare other hosts to. Laura can get better like anyone in any profession can but you say stale I say calm focussed authentic with minimal over the top nine year old humour. 

23 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

A contributing factor in the success of the defence is how well the team bleeds the time clock while on offence.

The Bombers can run the hurry up when needed but most of the time they are  purposely draining the clock as much as possible.

It's something that O'Shea takes great pride in and proclaims that the team is the best in the league at it.

Bud Grant said something like "the other team can't score if you have the ball".  So in other words, keep the ball, you should win.

I respect the opinions expressed here... especially Voodoo... Which has some knowledge behind it. 

I'll say this, with my limited media production background, I believe in having the host be the straight man (or woman) always. Let the "characters" get the laughs... The host should just set them up for success. 

The other thing, and I believe this above all else, you have to just be yourself. If you try being something you're not (funny when you're not a funny person...) it shows and it is painful to watch. I feel this with Milt and Barker a lot when they're going way over the top... It's cringey at times. 

As for Laura vs Kate.... It's a matter of taste. They're both pros and good broadcasters. I personally find Kate to be a little over the top and too big of a personality for the host role, but that's just my personal taste. 

2 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

I like Kate.

I mean she doesn’t get lost in the noise of the panel because she is the dominant source of noise on the panel. The game gets lost in her noise, and that’s what people (like my self) hate. Others like milt and Sanchez get pulled into her gravity to the point it’s all very loud with out any thing interesting to say. Which washes out any actual good points and conversation. 

Daikun, lets the content be the star of the show. 

daikun is like salt and pepper on a steak. Makes it better but you don’t particularly taste or crave the salt n pepper. 
 Kate, is like pouring an entire bottle of cheap ketchup on to a wagyu ribeye. (So is milt, who has less of value to say every year) 

31 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I mean she doesn’t get lost in the noise of the panel because she is the dominant source of noise on the panel. The game gets lost in her noise, and that’s what people (like my self) hate. Others like milt and Sanchez get pulled into her gravity to the point it’s all very loud with out any thing interesting to say. Which washes out any actual good points and conversation. 

Daikun, lets the content be the star of the show. 

daikun is like salt and pepper on a steak. Makes it better but you don’t particularly taste or crave the salt n pepper. 
 Kate, is like pouring an entire bottle of cheap ketchup on to a wagyu ribeye. (So is milt, who has less of value to say every year) 

With all the players and coaches who have come and gone in the CFL in the last 20 years or so (and there have been some real, intelligent, well-spoken characters) you would think that there ought to be a half-dozen or so who ought to be entertaining and knowledgeable enough to be viable alternatives to this lot.

You know who would be the perfect host but was canned a little while back? Cory Woron. I loved Randorf (my favourite CFL Panel Host ever) and Duthie was okay, except he ALWAYS wanted to turn everything into a "bit"... He was always looking for the next great comedy piece. They finally let him run wild with that in their hockey coverage, and it was..... A lot. 

20 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Honest question, are you trolling? 

I understand it’s subjective, but you’re the first person I’ve ever heard or read having anything close to that opinion.

What could you possibly like about her as the panel host? 

Not trolling at all.  She got a great voice, energy and is good looking.  Plus she knows Sports.

Edited by CrazyCanuck89

4 hours ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Not trolling at all.  She got a great voice, energy and is good looking.  Plus she knows Sports.

I’ve met her. She is stunning. Very fit. Great conversationalist. And as you say, has remarkable sports insight. She has a lot going for herself. And is also good looking. 

Edited by Rod Black