Game 1: Jets @ Oilers

Season opener against the Stanley Cup Runner Ups

Not really much else to say, other than the Jets better be ready.  This will be a next to impossible game to win.  Edmonton's home opener, McDavid and Draisaitl have a bad taste in their mouth from last season.

Arneil's first game as official HC.

Hockey is back!

On 2024-10-06 at 2:34 PM, captaincanuck12 said:

Season opener against the Stanley Cup Runner Ups

Not really much else to say, other than the Jets better be ready.  This will be a next to impossible game to win.  Edmonton's home opener, McDavid and Draisaitl have a bad taste in their mouth from last season.

Arneil's first game as official HC.

Hockey is back!

I know its not how you start but how you finish but securing a Jet W tonight would be a nice Thursday morning present for me to share blissfully with my Oiler fan colleagues here in Edmonton. 🙂

14 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I know its not how you start but how you finish but securing a Jet W tonight would be a nice Thursday morning present for me to share blissfully with my Oiler fan colleagues here in Edmonton. 🙂

I'm going out on a limb here...win tonight, top of division at Xmas, then darkness, trade Nik at deadline, make playoffs, win 1st game, lose next 4.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

10 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I think you need 10-15 games before you can make an assessment of how the team will fare overall.   We pretty much have the same lineup as last year.  The one issue I have is not retaining Monahan.   We don't have a clear cut 2C.  I'll reserve judgement on Perfetti.

Why? Namestnikov is 2 C. He started out there last year also. Monahan didn’t arrive until 2 weeks or so b4 the trade deadline. 

18 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I think you need 10-15 games before you can make an assessment of how the team will fare overall.   We pretty much have the same lineup as last year.  The one issue I have is not retaining Monahan.   We don't have a clear cut 2C.  I'll reserve judgement on Perfetti.

Nope, if they lose tonight, season over, blow it up as I will have to feel the pain of gross Oiler fans tomorrow morning mapping out their Stanley Cup Parade route I'm sure. 🙂

man since the playoffs went so long I am still used to the playoff game speed.  These guys all look like they are standing still in comparison to the tempo of the playoffs.  At this speed the Jets have a chance to have a good year, it's when things get 2x faster that they always seem totally bewildered.

3rd line has shown up. Scheifele has but nobody else in the top 6 have yet. Scheifele solid defensively. KC coasting.  Vilardi non existent   
2nd line is a no show Also  KC 55 gabe get caved defensively tho  

Edited by Goalie

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

3rd line has shown up. Scheifele has but nobody else in the top 6 have yet. Scheifele solid defensively. KC coasting.  Vilardi non existent   
2nd line is a no show Also  KC 55 gabe get caved defensively tho  

Hopefully this improves as the season goes on.