Argos at Bombers Chat

14 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Just one more win baby! Toronto is still playing for second, we're playing for first. Full house, keep the same roster line up and we lock up the West....Cant ******* wait!!!!

unfortunately that might not be possible with a few injuries last game... I guess we'll find out later in the week...

I'll be honest... I don't hate that the riders won last week (other than the fact that I generally hate the riders winning).... now we gotta keep playing meaningful football and have a chance to lock up first, at home, in front of a sold out crowd, on what should be a beautiful Oct evening... couldn't be better!

Yes, we don't really have the option to let our foot off the gas.....maybe the final week....

I really want the West final here, PAS is such a tough place to play for opposing teams, especially when the weather turns

Hopefully non off the injuries were significant last week

T.O is a good team, it will not be an easy feat to beat them, but I truly feel if we play disciplined football, we should beat any team especially at home in what looks to be very close to another sellout....

perfect scenario being in drivers seat now....we control our fate.....second last game...at home....full jacked house to clinch West. We play our butts off and send another message. to the league that Cup goes thru us....then a nice bye week to lick any wounds....then a nothing game in Mtl to close out the season...let key guys get some reps to stay engaged and sharp...plus allows the subs moocho reps.....then we wait as the other 2 teams beat each other up 2 times (this week, and in playoffs) just to have a chance to come into our barn with us being rested...prepared....fingers crossed totally healthy, and in front of an insane play-off crowd and unreal atmosphere....I like them chances of trip #5 in a row to the Cup

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

MOS said Onteria was mad he wasn't allowed to go back in against Hamilton so hopefully it means he's good to go.  Never know with headshots though - better safe than sorry.

If he cant go please please for the love of god please dont dress Mitchell....just because...Give Hart a shot

32 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Feel like Griffin will be a big loss.  Also essentially means that we have to replace BA with a Canadian. Do we have any other American DBs other than Bridges?

Ayers was really coming along and will be missed on teams.

There is McGhee but the team may go with Karamoko.

Didn't Griffin replace Karamoko early in the season?

We could always put Cole at safety...but I sure we will run Hallett there.

If so then hopefully we add Fox for BA and have him..Adams...and Woods all rotating...with no need for excessive Jake and Schmeck

I'd assume if Griffin isn't able to go it would be Bridges and I think Notree is a lock for Ayers

I do hope tho we don't do something stupid and start and give majority of reps to Thomas..Gauthier..Hallett...when we already have Keamdi and Ford as locked in defacto "starters" 

We don't need to do that and why make your team weaker if you don't have to.

No knock on Canadians but if we plan to start what could be 11...I gonna barf...let some your talent who likely have more a future here...plus upside get the reps.

so I know this topic of our roster composition has been debated at some length here, but lately I've found myself thinking about the second game in the BC home-at-home.  We lost Neuf and Woli for that game and we replaced them with two imports -- Lucky and Randolph -- without having to disrupt any other positions.  Normally when a team loses multiple national starters at once, the ripple effect will hit other parts of the roster as the next-best-Canadians become starters regardless of what position they play, which makes injuries to national starters pretty devastating.

It seems like playing a surplus of Canadians -- especially forum whipping boys like Kramdi and Thomas -- has enabled us to have the roster flexibility to deal with injuries that would have crippled the team in past years.

Edited by johnzo

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Hallett will get picked on if he plays regular reps. I base this on past games where that is exactly what happened. I may be wrong but I doubt it.

Yeah...he's not the best option...but we know he the Osh option...for varying reasons

Gauthier in the traditional 3 LB set is a given...as we basically have nobody else..poor pr makeup there and doubt they will start Notree right outta the gate cause that's not how we do business...tho he prob wouldn't have a grasp on playbook anyway

But if we have to replace 3 imports (BA..Griffin...Ayers) then one would assume Bridges for Griffen..Hallett likely for BA

Still need 2 imports to fill out roster so Notree for Ayers mainly for ST..some defensive snaps..and then who? We have minimal options so the logical move would be Fox..to really shore up the defensive front to help with the missing pieces in the back 8

Many 3 and 4 combos..even some 5's with one as a Jack or dropping off with WJ/Woods/Fox/Adams/Haba/Garbutt...you would hardly need Thomas or Schmeck for rotation...really you could even only dress one of them and roster Karmoko or even Murphy in their spot for more over all depth on ST