Argos at Bombers Chat

We have ways of making the ratio work for sure.

If griffin can’t go, I’m sure it’ll be bridges coming in. Might be mcghee for ba, but not playing S. 

If ba is likely to be gone one game then ok, I’d rotate Cole and kelly. If ba isn’t gonna be 100% soon, I’d move nichols over. 

I have more confidence in Kelly playing S over either Hallet just based on the fact he can actually run with WRs. 

Touchy McFeely's whole game is closing his eyes and hucking it as far as he can. I like to think of him as a Michael Reilly, but instead of having a cool hat he is a sex offender.

Anyways, we need good coverage downfield and a safety who knows what he is doing.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

I can’t stand the Argos. Just all the bullshit they’ve pulled as an organization over the years, I don’t even know where to start. 
This version in particular.

I don’t know if it’s those shitty baby blue 1980s underwear uniforms, Dinwiddies sour puss and his XXL zippered polo from Giant Tiger, or their QB being the least likeable CFL player in years…

I haven’t wanted to see the Bombers dominate a regular season game this much in a long time.

Pinball sounds like Whoppi Goldberg when he talks.

56 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I can’t stand the Argos. Just all the bullshit they’ve pulled as an organization over the years, I don’t even know where to start. 
This version in particular.

I don’t know if it’s those shitty baby blue 1980s underwear uniforms, Dinwiddies sour puss and his XXL zippered polo from Giant Tiger, or their QB being the least likeable CFL player in years…

I haven’t wanted to see the Bombers dominate a regular season game this much in a long time.

Pinball sounds like Whoppi Goldberg when he talks.

Or how the league gave the Argos extra 2nd round picks in the 2019 and 2020 drafts just because.

Or how the league said the Argos didn't have to pay the fine when they went over the cap.

17 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The League clearly orchestrating the trade of Ricky Ray to the Argos for a roll of tape.

Every time they get a new owner, the league bends over backwards to get them a championship the following year. Sign whoever you want, screw the SMS. 

Even so far back as the Flutie signing..

https://www.deseret.com/1996/5/11/19241644/argonauts-go-nuts-to-sign-mvp-flutie/

"From a league standpoint, there was some pressure," the Heisman Trophy winner said after signing the deal at Boston's posh Top of the Hub restaurant. "Everybody kind of pointed their finger that way and made it as easy as possible for me to go to Toronto."

Also, If they hadn’t have left skydome, we’d still be forced to watch a shitty atmosphere Grey Cup game there every other year.

Glad we going with Kelly over Hallet....kids a baller

Nice that Griffin is in and looking forward how we use Notree...may be a nice sneaky late season add. Cole getting lotsa reps too will be interesting....he may not let the spot go now...other than our 2 Canadian DT's thats a very athletic front 8

Still would have liked to see Fox for Bridges....dump one the Canadian DT's for Karamoko or any other Canadian or Global who can play teams and offer depth...that would be ideal

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Glad we going with Kelly over Hallet....kids a baller

Nice that Griffin is in and looking forward how we use Notree...may be a nice sneaky late season add. Cole getting lotsa reps too will be interesting....he may not let the spot go now...other than our 2 Canadian DT's thats a very athletic front 8

Still would have liked to see Fox for Bridges....dump one the Canadian DT's for Karamoko or any other Canadian or Global who can play teams and offer depth...that would be ideal

Agree that Kelly could be a player at safety. Really glad Griffin can play. Wouldn't be surprised if they do some of the switching where Griffin drops out and Kelly plays up. 

Would be nice to get Fox on the roster but need a back up DB incase someone goes down. With how often they play with an extra DB out there we'd be stuck with a Hallet. 

6 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Agree that Kelly could be a player at safety. Really glad Griffin can play. Wouldn't be surprised if they do some of the switching where Griffin drops out and Kelly plays up. 

Would be nice to get Fox on the roster but need a back up DB incase someone goes down. With how often they play with an extra DB out there we'd be stuck with a Hallet. 

Technically Griffen is a db...can play HB and Corner....Kelly as well can I sure cover the wide side corner spot....and if you look bacl I believe several depth charts Griffin was listed on the Depth Chart as a backup HB...and many games...we actually didnt even carry one....so Fox could easily be a rostered guy...Fox for either one of Schmeck/Thomas is a HUUUGE upgrade

Edited by Booch

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Technically Griffen is a db...can play HB and Corner....Kelly as well can I sure cover the wide side corner spot....and if you look bacl I believe several depth charts Griffin was listed on the Depth Chart as a backup HB...and many games...we actually didnt even carry one....so Fox could easily be a rostered guy...Fox for either one of Schmeck/Thomas is a HUUUGE upgrade

That's what I mean though. If there is an injury and Griffin moves to fill at HB, then we lose the ability to play that extra DB like Griffin has been. Unless you play a Hallet there or at safety and move Kelly down. Basically what I'm saying is I don't really want to see the Hallet's play DB.

4 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

That's what I mean though. If there is an injury and Griffin moves to fill at HB, then we lose the ability to play that extra DB like Griffin has been. Unless you play a Hallet there or at safety and move Kelly down. Basically what I'm saying is I don't really want to see the Hallet's play DB.

well...the Hallet's...not sure which has been doing it a lot all yr....so not like it would be anything out of ordinary....fact is we have gone many games with no extra DB as a DA and this would have been a good chance to get Fox in and see what a real strong rotation upfront would and could do....