Argos at Bombers Chat

1 hour ago, Booch said:

@DTonOB can you ask Osh if or who our nationalized American is as it is never noted on depth chart...and if we dont use one ask him why and what reason for not utilizing a rule that would only help us?

If we are using it and not listing it, I bet it’s lucky. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Glad we going with Kelly over Hallet....kids a baller

Nice that Griffin is in and looking forward how we use Notree...may be a nice sneaky late season add. Cole getting lotsa reps too will be interesting....he may not let the spot go now...other than our 2 Canadian DT's thats a very athletic front 8

Still would have liked to see Fox for Bridges....dump one the Canadian DT's for Karamoko or any other Canadian or Global who can play teams and offer depth...that would be ideal

yeah shook down fairly well. It’ll be interesting to see if we slide Cole to S when we go with the griffin on for the wil in the dime pack. 
 I’m glad it’s Kelly too, who can actually run. 
 Had hoped we’d sit Wilson and put in hart but maybe next week. Another imp end for Haba would’ve been good too. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

yeah shook down fairly well. It’ll be interesting to see if we slide Cole to S when we go with the griffin on for the wil in the dime pack. 
 Had hoped we’d sit Wilson and put in hart but maybe next week. Another imp end for Haba would’ve been good too. 

Yeah I could see looks where we disguise Cole dropping out....Griffin and Cole give us a lot of creative options....I think Notree would too....hope we see him integrated into some defensive sets...it's not like he a newbie...he knows what he is looking at on offences...and the whats and why's...and basic defensive schemes are similar across the board...so he will have concepts down....just the understanding of some of our wrinkles may need a week or so....but to slide in and play some WIL or even as an extra guy in the box to come off the edge...or blitz he would be fine

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I'm only counting 20 Canadians on the roster. The rules state we must have 21 which include a nationalized american so we must be using it, at least in that respect.

Edited by BBlink

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I'm only counting 20 Canadians on the roster. The rules state we must have 21 which include a nationalized american so we must be using it.

U can use an extra Global in lieu of a Canadian I believe....and we use 2

1 minute ago, Booch said:

U can use an extra Global in lieu of a Canadian I believe....and we use 2

Correct. But that is not included in the 21 national players stated. It's for the 45th player

3 qbs, 19 americans, 21 canadians (including nationalized american), 1 global = 44

45th can be global or canadian (which we use as a global atm)

https://www.cfl.ca/game-rule-ratio/ 

We have 20 canadians on the roster which can only be legal if we have a nationalized american

Yes... There are four uses for the Nationalized American rule.

One use is to take the spot of one of 21 Canadians on the overall roster. We are currently utilizing this rule. You do NOT need to name which player is your Nationalized American, you just need to have at least one player eligible.

The second use is to replace one of the 8 required starting Canadians. You would need to name this player on your roster.

The third use is as a backup - if a Canadian is injured in-game, they can be replaced by a Nationalized American. Again, no need to name these players on the roster.

The fourth use is the "Designated Nationalized American" rule. You name a player as a DNA and they can replace one Designated National for up to 25 snaps per game. You have to name the DNA and the DN before the game. So, for example, we could name Lucky a DNA and Clercius a DN and Lucky could replace Clercius for 25 snaps but he could NOT replace Demski, Oliveira, or any other National.

I don't mind the changes... I like that Kelly has usurped the Hallets as the next man up at S... though if we're using another Canadian in the secondary, it would be nice to put another American on the DL... problem is if we hypothetically dressed Fox and scratched one of Thomas or Schmek... what Canadian comes on the roster? We basically have no options at this time ... the team really needs to upgrade Canadian depth this offseason

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I don't mind the changes... I like that Kelly has usurped the Hallets as the next man up at S... though if we're using another Canadian in the secondary, it would be nice to put another American on the DL... problem is if we hypothetically dressed Fox and scratched one of Thomas or Schmek... what Canadian comes on the roster? We basically have no options at this time ... the team really needs to upgrade Canadian depth this offseason

Hubert or Murphy...let them get some reps...We have held Murphy for 2 yrs now....if he not worthy of being on roster then why he here?

Give Samson a game...He has more upside than either the 2 on roster currently...let him show his chops

But agree...or depth is not what it was, and our PR makeup is shitty too

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Glad we going with Kelly over Hallet....kids a baller

Nice that Griffin is in and looking forward how we use Notree...may be a nice sneaky late season add. Cole getting lotsa reps too will be interesting....he may not let the spot go now...other than our 2 Canadian DT's thats a very athletic front 8

Still would have liked to see Fox for Bridges....dump one the Canadian DT's for Karamoko or any other Canadian or Global who can play teams and offer depth...that would be ideal

We already have 2 globals on the roster. In order to add Karamoko we'd have to delete an import or Weitz. Not sure exactly what Weitz brings but I would have preferred Karamoko as well.

14 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

We already have 2 globals on the roster. In order to add Karamoko we'd have to delete an import or Weitz. Not sure exactly what Weitz brings but I would have preferred Karamoko as well.

yeah Karamoko is good on teams....havnt noticed Weitz at all...tho I guess not a bad thing but he also not some demon....and Karamoko can and has taken defensive reps, so you would think he be the better option??...

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah Karamoko is good on teams....havnt noticed Weitz at all...tho I guess not a bad thing but he also not some demon....and Karamoko can and has taken defensive reps, so you would think he be the better option??...

Weitz had a nice play blowing up a block last week, but that is the only time I've noticed him. 

best case scenario, have sergio punt, keep weitz on and put karamoko on. Or, weitz for hubert or samson/wallace if they are good to go (I think they area.) Then you sub haba for either imp end, probably player since he has league experience. 

I'd use Nat imp on willy, then let him rotate in to take jake out. 

If it weren't in Manitoba, I'd like our chances more than I do. You guys have already lost your 2 home games this season. 3 would be nearly unthinkable, moreso considering how you've rounded into form and haven't lost since week 8 in OT at BMO.
If we can neutralize your run again without overcommitting to it and chase Collaros around it could be a tight game that goes down to the last possession again. But if we can't... I can see Oliveira churning out 6 yarders and getting up to pump up a loud stadium and Collaros hitting slants on us which would make for a rough night.

Our issue lately is only our red zone efficiency. We're a high scoring team and we can pretty much run on anybody, but when you see us leae a game with 8 FGs, something isn't clicking. My working theory is that when we get into the red zone, that effectively takes away Kelly's deep dagger-ball. Once that's removed, a defence can cheat us shallow and we seem to stall out. I suppose the lesson for opposition coordinators is to figure our a scheme to remove The Chad's downfield hero-ball.

16 minutes ago, bluto said:

If it weren't in Manitoba, I'd like our chances more than I do. You guys have already lost your 2 home games this season. 3 would be nearly unthinkable, moreso considering how you've rounded into form and haven't lost since week 8 in OT at BMO.
If we can neutralize your run again without overcommitting to it and chase Collaros around it could be a tight game that goes down to the last possession again. But if we can't... I can see Oliveira churning out 6 yarders and getting up to pump up a loud stadium and Collaros hitting slants on us which would make for a rough night.

Our issue lately is only our red zone efficiency. We're a high scoring team and we can pretty much run on anybody, but when you see us leae a game with 8 FGs, something isn't clicking. My working theory is that when we get into the red zone, that effectively takes away Kelly's deep dagger-ball. Once that's removed, a defence can cheat us shallow and we seem to stall out. I suppose the lesson for opposition coordinators is to figure our a scheme to remove The Chad's downfield hero-ball.

Argos got away with the game last time. I wouldn't expect that many turnovers in scoring position again. Never mind the absolute gift td the argos got on an int that the cfl later admitted should have been PI.

In summary **** you, **** the argos and their sex pest qb.

20 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

oh man I would love to be there. that's a lit receiving corps right there. 

that 84 team was formative for me.  the way we demolished every team in the playoffs that year, I thought the championships would never stop coming...

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Yes... There are four uses for the Nationalized American rule.

One use is to take the spot of one of 21 Canadians on the overall roster. We are currently utilizing this rule. You do NOT need to name which player is your Nationalized American, you just need to have at least one player eligible.

The second use is to replace one of the 8 required starting Canadians. You would need to name this player on your roster.

The third use is as a backup - if a Canadian is injured in-game, they can be replaced by a Nationalized American. Again, no need to name these players on the roster.

The fourth use is the "Designated Nationalized American" rule. You name a player as a DNA and they can replace one Designated National for up to 25 snaps per game. You have to name the DNA and the DN before the game. So, for example, we could name Lucky a DNA and Clercius a DN and Lucky could replace Clercius for 25 snaps but he could NOT replace Demski, Oliveira, or any other National.

thanks for the explanation.  multiple times I have tried to make sense of the Nationalized American rule by reading the CFL rulebook and have completely bounced off of it every time.

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Argos got away with the game last time. I wouldn't expect that many turnovers in scoring position again. Never mind the absolute gift td the argos got on an int that the cfl later admitted should have been PI.

In summary **** you, **** the argos and their sex pest qb.

In summary, argo's suck.

Last time there were 2 dudes with the same last name playing, tsn couldn’t shut up. Wonder if they talk about Jake and Chad constantly not realizing they actually aren’t brothers like Tre and Tyrell are tho. 

or did I just give them the storyline. It’s almost disappointing we don’t have a dude like Chad on our team, tsn would have fun with that one. It’s Deshaun Watson vs Chad Kelly. 

at this rate tho, Watson could be an Argo in a few years. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

TSN I dont think even mentions...or barely/rarely that wpg has 2 brothers on same team...

Yeah. They don’t talk about our brothers much at all. To be fair they don’t normally do much. Nick and Noah aren’t stars like Tre and Tyrell are. They just depth. 

TSN prob doesn’t even mention 4 straight gonna be 5 straight cuz we hosting either way sell outs either but mosaic with 10000 empty green seats is jam packed. **** TSN

Edited by Goalie