Argos at Bombers Chat

1 hour ago, Yourface said:

The world would be a much better place if we all tried to be a little more objective.

It is not a dumb take. If the Bombers played even slightly better, they would have won. End of story. The refs had nothing to do with the outcome, and not a single one of us has the evidence to show that any of the calls made should have been overturned.

Writes the one who comes in hot with occasional mocking statements to drive home their counter point. How is this approach objective?

Well you’re just being disingenuous at this point.

Ok... how am I being disingenuous- you literally said it. Anyways, I said what I needed to. You can do you. 

It's a bye week after a loss- I need to be entertained.

And **** your rolly eyes.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

4 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Ok... how am I being disingenuous- you literally said it. Anyways, I said what I needed to. You can do you. 

It's a bye week after a loss- I need to be entertained.

And **** your rolly eyes.

When there’s nothing left to say but to double down on your disingenuousness…

42 minutes ago, Yourface said:

Lmao now you’re lying to yourself. You know who was trashing the officiating two weeks ago after the Bombers win against Hamilton? Tiger-Cats fans of course. It’s always the fans of the losing team trashing the refs, on every game day in every sport and it’s ridiculous. There is zero objectivity coming from you or most people on this board seemingly.

Disagree.  We were just on an 8 game win streak but you're delusional if think there wasn't any complaining about officiating during that time.  Go back and read some GDT's and you'll see it happens win or lose.

If you are expecting objectivity from fan boards, that's your mistake. 

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Disagree.  We were just on an 8 game win streak but you're delusional if think there wasn't any complaining about officiating during that time.  Go back and read some GDT's and you'll see it happens win or lose.

Eye roll emoticon incoming . . .

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Probably found someone's burner account. 

Go through any of the game threads, Bomber or not, and you will see how often the reffing is terrible. 

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

That’s fair.

That being said, what is there to complain about regarding the officiating in this particular game? A couple of close calls that literally could have gone either way? That’s just silly. 

1 minute ago, Yourface said:

That’s fair.

That being said, what is there to complain about regarding the officiating in this particular game? A couple of close calls that literally could have gone either way? That’s just silly. 

It's what fans do.  If it wasn't officiating it would be something else.  As was mentioned earlier, the last memory of this game was a controversial call so that stands out and ends up being the main talking point.  If that one play wasn't as close as it was, I don't think we'd be talking about it this much.  We'd be talking about Buck's play calling or our o-line play ( both of which were getting roasted during this game).  There's never a shortage of complaints to be made.

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

It's what fans do.  If it wasn't officiating it would be something else.  As was mentioned earlier, the last memory of this game was a controversial call so that stands out and ends up being the main talking point.  If that one play wasn't as close as it was, I don't think we'd be talking about it this much.  We'd be talking about Buck's play calling or our o-line play ( both of which were getting roasted during this game).  There's never a shortage of complaints to be made.

Translation: we’re never happy. :)

Lmao now you’re lying to yourself. You know who was trashing the officiating two weeks ago after the Bombers win against Hamilton? Tiger-Cats fans of course. It’s always the fans of the losing team trashing the refs, on every game day in every sport and it’s ridiculous. There is zero objectivity coming from you or most people on this board seemingly.

Pretty sure I read people here trashing the reffing in that game too... and I read people trashing the reffing against the elks when we smoked them too. And I see it in game threads for games not involving the Bombers.... this is a recurring thing thay has happened for multiple seasons. You'd know that if you paid attention rather than just showing up for a drive by after an Argo win. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Pretty sure I read people here trashing the reffing in that game too... and I read people trashing the reffing against the elks when we smoked them too. And I see it in game threads for games not involving the Bombers.... this is a recurring thing thay has happened for multiple seasons. You'd know that if you paid attention rather than just showing up for a drive by after an Argo win. 

The officiating has been good in the last two Bombers games. A couple of close calls in either game could have gone either way but overall, it was fair.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yourface is an Argo fan?!

Gawwwwddddd.

So there you have it, we've identified the total fan base of the Argos: Yourface and Bluto.

I know I know, I'm here all week.

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

Is MOS a good coach? 

Mine at home while watching the Bombers or Jets play is:

Family members with their confused looks: Why are you angry? The Bombers (insert Jets as appropriate) are winning!

My answer:  Incoherent muttering involving my 'expert feedback' on how their play could be better followed up with 'until that bigger boned person sings I'm never happy nor comfortable!'

I really need to give up sports.

23 hours ago, Yourface said:

I don’t watch the NFL and I still see a ridiculous amount of complaining about their refs, so I have a hard believing that they are THAT much better than CFL refs.

I don’t watch baseball either but I think the umpire’s job is pretty straightforward. There is not as much grey area in baseball as there is in football, hockey or basketball (IMO probably the hardest sport to officiate). In each of these sports you see an insane amount of complaining about the refs. At times it is warranted, but last weekend against the Argos? Not one bit. The Bombers shot themselves in the foot over and over again and the refs had nothing to do with it.

I can agree that some of the rule changes in the CFL over the years have been unnecessary, and haven’t done any favours for the officials, but the constant complaining about officiating gets tiring. 

OK but that seems random in the context of this thread or this game.

If you don’t watch those other sports/leagues, then you just wrote 2 paragraphs after admitting you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

4 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

If you don’t watch those other sports/leagues, then you just wrote 2 paragraphs after admitting you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

I apologize for arguing with integrity.

Also, see my follow-up post:

16 hours ago, Yourface said:

I’m not saying there is no grey zone in baseball, but generally speaking the umpire’s job is pretty straightforward. You have one at each base and they’re only looking at a couple of things. Probably the easiest sport to officiate.

Something tells me you’re letting bias affect your view of the officiating in Bombers games versus the NFL, but I guess I’ll have to take your word for it. Is the NFL even enforcing the new hip-drop tackle rule?

In the NBA the main issue is that it’s a very difficult sport to officiate. There is a natural tendency for referees to engage in game management across most sports. Basketball, hockey and football are no exception.

I’m not completely clueless on baseball and the NFL. I just don’t care to watch them, generally speaking.

Edited by Yourface