No Means No @ Win Means West Final: The GDT

You know I don't even think Collaros was the problem.... Buck did him absolutely 0 favours, especially in the first half. Your OL is getting worked over but your running back still had some good gains... but why run him? He's only your MVP... That goal line nonsense... 2nd down you 100% give it to Brady and let him smash it in there. 

They did better in the 2nd half play calling but too little too late. Missing field goals doesn't help anything either. 

Defence you're still cool. 

25 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I’ll echo what many have said already: I’m angry.  

From the opening whistle the offensive just played soft and it pissed me off so much.

Whoever said this was a carbon copy of the last two grey cups was spot on.  

It was, but personnel wise the Argos and the Als have many superior players in the trenches, so it shouldn't come as a huge surprise as we've known that since 2022, but probably forgot about it as they meet so infrequently.  It was encouraging to see Zach begin to channel Trevor Harris in the second half and get rid of the ball more quickly, cause that's the best solution when the O-line is getting manhandled by 9 maulers.

47 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Argos have a physical defensive line... so naturally Kolankowski was ******* dreadful. Guy has got to be the weakest offensive lineman in the league. 

Guy was exposed… pushed back, tossed aside, left looking for someone to block, watching Zach get killed…

Kolankowski played a complete game, and not in a good way.

9 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Guy was exposed… pushed back, tossed aside, left looking for someone to block, watching Zach get killed…

Kolankowski played a complete game, and not in a good way.

The entire offensive line struggled tonight. They killed us on both sides of the line. Jake Thomas was even more useless than I even thought he could be. Please retire. Go into coaching. Do whatever Jake but quit playing as it's killing us.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

You know I don't even think Collaros was the problem.... Buck did him absolutely 0 favours, especially in the first half. Your OL is getting worked over but your running back still had some good gains... but why run him? He's only your MVP... That goal line nonsense... 2nd down you 100% give it to Brady and let him smash it in there. 

They did better in the 2nd half play calling but too little too late. Missing field goals doesn't help anything either. 

Defence you're still cool. 

No kidding. You'd think Buck & Osh would have learned from that failed goal line call. But nope. Buck's at it in the second half. calling the same ****. 

Just straight dropbacks, no outlet/dump off plan, no imagination on short yards.....to say nothing of practically scheming Olivera out of the O.    Buck got schooled.

Not upgrading this interior Ol may cost the season.....our Guards and in particular, this C.....was straight up trash, tonight

That O explosion against the Elks.....twas only a mirage it seems......

Let’s be honest about the big picture here.  During the 8 game win streak we weren’t exactly beating the cream of the crop in the CFL.  BC and Sask are mediocre, Elks are bad and Hamilton varies between the 2.  East has the better teams this year.  Any west team in the GC will be in tough and have to play their best game of the season to win it.

10 hours ago, wpgallday1960 said:

The oline was garbage all night both in pass protection and run blocking.  When they finally went shorter quicker passes the had some success.  Collaros still hangs on to the ball too long and they needed to adjust earlier than the 2nd half.

No question that the O-line was a mess all game. To my admittedly amateur eyes, the biggest (but not only) usual culprits were our center (very old news) and right tackle.  Paddy was abandoned to try to compensate for the express lanes on his right and left. Dobson was shaky on occasion as well. Big Stan was his usual steady self you gotta plug all the holes or you get what we saw. Collaros bears some responsibility as well, and others in this forum have pointed that out.

The elephant in the room is O'Shea's mule-headed resistance to significant change on both sides of the ball. Bombers are so close, yet so far away from being a steam-roller team, and the longer this goes on, the more this poop leaks over onto Walters.

Edited by Tracker

11 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Let’s be honest about the big picture here.  During the 8 game win streak we weren’t exactly beating the cream of the crop in the CFL.  BC and Sask are mediocre, Elks are bad and Hamilton varies between the 2.  East has the better teams this year.  Any west team in the GC will be in tough and have to play their best game of the season to win it.

Let's be honest, without a late drive turnover and a couple of made field goals and we beat the team that lost to the Ticats 3 times this year and we just dominated. 

I think the M.O. now is any creativity whatsoever in the pass rush and the Bomber interior can’t handle it. Just a little stunt or twist and they’re done for. 

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I think this game broke me.

In a vacuum no. With the context of how much I hate the Argos, plus the sold out crowd, playing for the home WF, ect. Then yes. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I think the M.O. now is any creativity whatsoever in the pass rush and the Bomber interior can’t handle it. Just a little stunt or twist and they’re done for. 

I am of the opinion that, as a unit, the Bomber O-line is so weak that opposing teams do not have to work very hard at all to eat their lunches and kick sand in their faces.

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

Let's be honest, without a late drive turnover and a couple of made field goals and we beat the team that lost to the Ticats 3 times this year and we just dominated. 

No doubt TO has been inconsistent and it still baffles me how they lost to Hamilton 3 times.  I agree Bombers had blown opportunities but the way the oline was dominated is very concerning to me.

I don't watch the Argos much (don't need that nonsense in my life) but a few weeks ago I watched them stop the ticats 5 straight plays on the 1 yard line (due to penalties Hamilton got another 1st down). The second we lined up for that goal line I told my wife, 0 chance our qb gets in... and low and behold we run 2 qb runs. Like come on Buck, you have so many weapons at your disposal but we just go to the simplest ******* play twice and turn it over. Get ******* creative. I love all the motion we run on offense before the snap and then it's just vanilla sometimes.

I feel Buck was really the goat of the this game. Obviously, the OL needs to play much, much better but Buck did nothing to change that momentum. Seems like he figured it out in the second half only to collapse in the red zone. You can't be an OC and continue to make such befuddling decisions. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

I feel Buck was really the goat of the this game. Obviously, the OL needs to play much, much better but Buck did nothing to change that momentum. Seems like he figured it out in the second half only to collapse in the red zone. You can't be an OC and continue to make such befuddling decisions. 

Buck got outcoached in addition to the oline underperforming.

12 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

Damn Sergio and these 2 missed FG's.....

Six points would've won the game for us. Sergio also missed 2 FG at home vs Montreal earlier this year. Blamed the microchips. 

He signed late. Held out for more more money no doubt. Needs to be better.

That said, Toronto pretty much manhandled the Bombers and deserved the win.

46 minutes ago, JCon said:

Being the ultimate team game that football is, how about the Oline and their coaches. They were dominated. You lose the line of scrimmage, you usually lose the game.