No Means No @ Win Means West Final: The GDT

So we go into a bye week and then a game that may or may not matter, depending.... Are we better off with Sask winning, which forces us to play a "real" game against Montreal and act as a sort of playoff warm up game... But also risks injury to our stars?? Or are we better off BC winning tonight, then our starters get like 3 weeks off before playing again...?

Well, trying to be positive.....we now have great film on our guys deficiencies against a really good d-line bringing it.....

We did make some adjustments that helped although too little to late..but at least we showed we could....so the positive spin is now we have a few weeks to digest it, review it, scheme it and be prepared for it....ala better to learn our lesson now and have a chance to scheme against it, then be caught by surprise by it in the playoffs, because there is no nice way to say that we had our arsses handed to us along the line....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

So we go into a bye week and then a game that may or may not matter, depending.... Are we better off with Sask winning, which forces us to play a "real" game against Montreal and act as a sort of playoff warm up game... But also risks injury to our stars?? Or are we better off BC winning tonight, then our starters get like 3 weeks off before playing again...?

After last night even if we are guaranteed first I don't think they can justify taking their foot off the gas.

16 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Well, trying to be positive.....we now have great film on our guys deficiencies against a really good d-line bringing it.....

We did make some adjustments that helped although too little to late..but at least we showed we could....so the positive spin is now we have a few weeks to digest it, review it, scheme it and be prepared for it....ala better to learn our lesson now and have a chance to scheme against it, then be caught by surprise by it in the playoffs, because there is no nice way to say that we had our arsses handed to us along the line....

They can also move all Sergio's gear to a chair in the middle of the dressing room to help him clearly focus on his future as the Winnipeg Blue Bomber FG kicker.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Where the ball is when he touches out

This .. and even though we didn’t have the best angle, it looked pretty clear that the ball was past the marker when he touched out of bounds.

The ONLY possible way it was short is if Zach touched the sideline with his foot as he was running. 

Blue coloured glasses I know but we got jobbed because TSN doesn’t invest in cameras / camera angles at the games.

During the game I was looking at the Argo D line roster. 4 rookies...one or two were tall, most 6'2 or 6'3....but they were all heavy and they owned our O'line. Man the hogs went from a great game against Hammy to being taken to the woodshed.  7 sacks on Zach is no good, and while I realize several were coverage induced, it's still no good. 

17 hours ago, ddanger said:

During the game I was looking at the Argo D line roster. 4 rookies...one or two were tall, most 6'2 or 6'3....but they were all heavy and they owned our O'line. Man the hogs went from a great game against Hammy to being taken to the woodshed.  7 sacks on Zach is no good, and while I realize several were coverage induced, it's still no good. 

Amazing 4 are rookies, shows a different mindset and a competitive environment at play instead of perpetuating a group of familiar faces.  Seems to be the trend towards heavier D-line players multi-tasking, not many are tall and thin like Willy specializing in pass rush only.

On 2024-10-13 at 11:47 AM, Fatty Liver said:

Amazing 4 are rookies, shows a different mindset and a competitive environment at play instead of perpetuating a group of familiar faces.  Seems to be the trend towards heavier D-line players multi-tasking, not many are tall and thin like Willy specializing in pass rush only.

Interesting. Now that you mention it, yeah the Willie or Malik Carney type bodied pass rushers seem to be dwindling. 

Lot of 6”3, 260ish guys having success lately. 

On 2024-10-12 at 9:37 AM, JCon said:

Let's be honest, without a late drive turnover and a couple of made field goals and we beat the team that lost to the Ticats 3 times this year and we just dominated. 

Yea...the scoreboard really did flatter the Argos to a great degree. We didn't make the inches when we needed them and that was our downfall on the day. We left 16 points out there.

7 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Liam Dobson was the biggest problem I saw out there. He lost nearly every 1v1 to Ceresna he had.

Dobson had the one big OLE! Moment for sure but I didn't notice a ton of issues. Meanwhile kolankowski... tons of times when collaros wants to step up in the pocket there's nowhere to go because our centre is getting pushed back and it all breaks down.

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Dobson had the one big OLE! Moment for sure but I didn't notice a ton of issues. Meanwhile kolankowski... tons of times when collaros wants to step up in the pocket there's nowhere to go because our centre is getting pushed back and it all breaks down.

This has been a huge problem this year. ZC has no where to step up.