3 stars plus hh and scape goats creepy Kelly edition

1 Cole. Tons of great plays on d and teams  

2 jones knock downs and lots of good run stops 

3 lawler catching every thing 

hh Brady’s brig run 

block of the game Wilson on Brady’s big run down field  

crunch of the game Garbutt smashing crappy Kelly 

taits turning point the second miss by castillo 

goat horns buck, zach, Lofton, Castillo, kola, Jake, holm, refs and CC. 

honourable mentions Kelly, Brady, wheatfall, Wilson, Garbutt, and nichols. 

Edited by wbbfan

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Garbage effort on offense... I'd BC doesn't win tomorrow, there's a real good chance we finish second.  Hot steaming garbage. 

The way BC and Sask are playing, I think it's over. This was the game we needed to win and we didn't show up. Sask will win out and we have almost no chance of beating MTL on the road.

1. Cole- Kept it from getting out of hand in the first imo, with the ST play. Lot of good stuff on D as well. 

2- Ah who cares. That was crap. 

Turds- The entire offence besides Lawler and Brady. 
Kolo and Dobson didn’t even look like professional football players. Lofton had a piss poor game too. 
Buck. Poor game planning. Slow to adjust, Poor situational management. Offence looked totally unprepared. 

Zach was ok at times given the atrocious line but he really **** himself with that turnover in the 3rd. 
Sergio too, **** all over the place. 

The DL on pass rush. Willie had his worst game as a Bomber. 
I don’t know who’s at fault but that Willie/Shmeckel/Jake front should never have happened, even for a play, unless all 4 other DL were hospitalized. 

The officials/CC for sure didn’t cost us the game but they sure were trying to, it seemed. 

HH- I liked Marshall and Matty on the call even though the game sucked. 

3 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Alright, can someone explain to me why you would challenge the spot on a play that has already been automatically review?

Could've used that timeout and had 20 seconds instead of like 2 seconds

was it automatically reviewed? these automatic reviews seem more like this:

50d7dad1bef167101648f8708f10ad9d722dbeeb

7 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

1. Cole- Kept it from getting out of hand in the first imo, with the ST play. Lot of good stuff on D as well. 

2- Ah who cares. That was crap. 

Turds- The entire offence besides Lawler and Brady. 
Kolo and Dobson didn’t even look like professional football players. Lofton had a piss poor game too. 
Buck. Poor game planning. Slow to adjust, Poor situational management. Offence looked totally unprepared. 

Zach was ok at times given the atrocious line but he really **** himself with that turnover in the 3rd. 
Sergio too, **** all over the place. 

The DL on pass rush. Willie had his worst game as a Bomber. 
I don’t know who’s at fault but that Willie/Shmeckel/Jake front should never have happened, even for a play, unless all 4 other DL were hospitalized. 

The officials/CC for sure didn’t cost us the game but they sure were trying to, it seemed. 

HH- I liked Marshall and Matty on the call even though the game sucked. 

Dobson wasn’t bad by any means. Got straight up beat by a damn good 3 tech once. Mostly on twists he handed off to kolo as he should and kolo muffed it bad. 
kolo - F

lofton - D

Neuf - C

dobson - C

bryant - A-

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Dobson wasn’t bad by any means. Got straight up beat by a damn good 3 tech once. Mostly on twists he handed off to kolo as he should and kolo muffed it bad. 
kolo - F

lofton - D

Neuf - C

dobson - C

bryant - A-

I mean, I’ll defer to you on this for sure. Just thought I saw Dobson trying to hug shoulder a bunch while his guy pushed past him with ease, but nowhere near as many times as I saw Kolo either get manhandled or fail to block anyone.

23 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I mean, I’ll defer to you on this for sure. Just thought I saw Dobson trying to hug shoulder a bunch while his guy pushed past him with ease, but nowhere near as many times as I saw Kolo either get manhandled or fail to block anyone.

The Kolankowski situation has regressed from sub-par to laughable. He is gonna get Collaros seriously killed.

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

He’s just not physically capable of playing the position well 

The "why" is irrelevant- he is just not good enough. When the other four members of the O-line are cooking, he does not stand out as much, but when things are going poorly, he seems to have nothing more to offer.

13 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The way BC and Sask are playing, I think it's over. This was the game we needed to win and we didn't show up. Sask will win out and we have almost no chance of beating MTL on the road.

That’s a pretty negative take, Negatron. Tho I will admit that was a disappointing performance by the offense. I was at the game and was definitely bored.

3 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

That’s a pretty negative take, Negatron. Tho I will admit that was a disappointing performance by the offense. I was at the game and was definitely bored.

Lol. I can't help it. I wish I was a more positive person when it came to this stuff, but alas.

Honestly it takes some of the elation out of winning...I almost feel more...relief if that makes sense? I really do envy those with a better outlook on things, but we are all fans of the same team at the end of the day.

I am trying to decide whether to watch the game tonight or just check the score later.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

Hey Negatron… I get it. You described the feeling really well. I get it, I really do. And yeah, go bombers. Kill the riders. 

let me just add that I’m really disappointed in Sergio. He has been very good outside of 50 and pretty so so and sometimes flat out bad inside of 50. I mean, let’s be honest, he really played a huge part in both losses to Toronto. He simply has to make kicks inside of 45 yards.

I’d really much rather him be 95% inside of 50 and 50% outside of 50 then the other way around. It’s almost to the point when they have a field goal attempt from under 50 yards the bombers might want to request if they can just concede 10 yards so he can kick outside of 50.

Put it this way, I’m feeling concerned about our field goal kick as we head into the playoffs.

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd

18 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Season long HH to Younger, who is doing this with arguably the worst front 7 in the league. Can you imagine what they would be doing with 2019 or 2021's group?

And he’s practically running a D with 11 men, ie JT bull rushing away three steps behind making the life of his Oline counterpart enjoyable.

The real head scratcher play for me was 2nd and goal from the 2, we lined up in short yardage with an empty backfield.  Everyone in the stadium knew that Wilson was gonna run it up the gut and lo, stuffed.  Set the tone for the whole game.

1.  Marshal and Matty.  Do not break these two up.  Matty coaching up Brady from the booth was hilarious. 

2. Cole

3. Klaw

HH: How about Jake Kelly starting at safety for the first time?  The one time I noticed him he was doing his job well.

24 minutes ago, johnzo said:

The real head scratcher play for me was 2nd and goal from the 2, we lined up in short yardage with an empty backfield.  Everyone in the stadium knew that Wilson was gonna run it up the gut and lo, stuffed. 

Definitely this. We should have left the offense out, and had a threat to pass or run. Handing off to Oliveira is probably just as good an option as a QB sneak from the 2. Just one example of a few bad play calls by Buck in this on, IMO.

7 minutes ago, aalgernon said:

Definitely this. We should have left the offense out, and had a threat to pass or run. Handing off to Oliveira is probably just as good an option as a QB sneak from the 2. Just one example of a few bad play calls by Buck in this on, IMO.

How we didn't hand off to Brady from the 2 was mind bottling to me... Wilson wedging from the 2 is absurd. That play call when we had 3 cracks from inside the 5 was absurd...