3 stars plus hh and scape goats creepy Kelly edition

37 minutes ago, johnzo said:

The real head scratcher play for me was 2nd and goal from the 2, we lined up in short yardage with an empty backfield.  Everyone in the stadium knew that Wilson was gonna run it up the gut and lo, stuffed.  Set the tone for the whole game.

1.  Marshal and Matty.  Do not break these two up.  Matty coaching up Brady from the booth was hilarious. 

2. Cole

3. Klaw

HH: How about Jake Kelly starting at safety for the first time?  The one time I noticed him he was doing his job well.

They showed him on the sidelines with helmet off after a breakup that he made and he looks like a kid (young looking) playing high school ball. Good potential there, I believe.

7 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

They showed him on the sidelines with helmet off after a breakup that he made and he looks like a kid (young looking) playing high school ball. Good potential there, I believe.

Good stuff in here from earlier this week via Our Man Tait...

26 minutes ago, aalgernon said:

Definitely this. We should have left the offense out, and had a threat to pass or run. Handing off to Oliveira is probably just as good an option as a QB sneak from the 2. Just one example of a few bad play calls by Buck in this on, IMO.

At least they now know what's unlikely to work against the Argo D, hopefully Buck observed and learned.

4 hours ago, johnzo said:

The real head scratcher play for me was 2nd and goal from the 2, we lined up in short yardage with an empty backfield.  Everyone in the stadium knew that Wilson was gonna run it up the gut and lo, stuffed.  Set the tone for the whole game.

We're FAR too predictable on this qb sneak play. 

My 3 stars:

Cole

Lawler

Defence as a group.

33 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Think it would be a good idea to bring in Randolph or another import lineman onto the roster when we are playing teams with strong defensive lines. Or maybe just permanently. We start enough Canadians. Also, hopefully Wallace can make a return.

Definitely. They could even start 4, if they wanted to. 

40 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Think it would be a good idea to bring in Randolph or another import lineman onto the roster when we are playing teams with strong defensive lines. Or maybe just permanently. We start enough Canadians. Also, hopefully Wallace can make a return.

Use more heavy sets or leave MCI out there a lot more than they do, allowing Brady to slip out of the backfield as a relief valve.

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

So Bryant Dobson Kolo Randolph Lofton?

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Use more heavy sets or leave MCI out there a lot more than they do, allowing Brady to slip out of the backfield as a relief valve.

You can only do that so much until teams do to us what they've (and we've) done to BC, Hamilton.  Drop out 8-9 and just blanket the 3 guys we do have in the route.  Have to make D's cover the width of the field and keep the vertical threat.  So really it's time to play the best OL possible, focus on making better reads on pressure pre-snap and adjusting routes/plays accordingly.  Dealing with pressure in general and pressure with zone coverage especially has been a major weakness this year.  Collaros is extremely out of sync with receivers in terms of what their reads are vs pressure.

I'd like to see a lot more power running, press A gaps, inside trap blocking...and then playaction off that.  Use strengths to cover weakness.