SNF: BC Sucks @ F*** The Riders

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Was it over when we started 0-4? Was it over when we dropped to 2-6? It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!

Bombers started 2-6, they aren’t supposed to have a chance to finish first. Still in control of finishing there. Als having looked so hot lately.

Sask has been lucky playing teams as they are bottoming out at the end of the season. 

Bombers can go to Regina and beat the Riders again if they need to.  

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This is a lot of hangover from last night. Let's see what happens in a couple weeks and go from there. 

Yeah. Pretty hard to see them beating anyone at all after last night.

Load up the box to stop the run and send pressure up the middle, Bombers can’t win. It’s a joke. 

I’d have more faith in the D to steal a championship for us but

A: the margin of error is so small with the way the offence is right now

B:  I don’t have faith in the staff not to make dunderheaded personnel decisions and wipe out that margin entirely. 

21 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Finishing first is not a necessity. They might even be better in the GC, if they don't.

Honestly it's not like home field has been as much of an advantage this year... 

Also this offense that people are crying about absolutely obliterated Edmonton a couple weeks ago and looked like their old selves so it's not our of the realm of possibility that they show up again. Maybe they needed a smack in the mouth?

Edited by Noeller

9 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Bombers started 2-6, they aren’t supposed to have a chance to finish first. Still in control of finishing there. Als having looked so hot lately.

Sask has been lucky playing teams as they are bottoming out at the end of the season. 

I agree on paper with all of this, I really do. 
I could see Kenny/Brady and the secondary carrying this team to a GC. 

I just have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that everything’s going to look like last night for the rest of the season. 

We have the worst pass blocking OL, and the  least effective pass rushing DL in the league.

Not to mention no way of flipping bad field position because our return game sucks.   

I just can’t see us beating 3 good teams in a row. 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Maybe they needed a snack in the mouth?

A smack* yes

There are ways to counter what the Argos did yesterday. And the crazy thing is, with the usual version of Castillo, the Bombers probably win. We sometimes forget that it's a damn tough sport to play.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I just can’t see us beating 3 good teams in a row. 

There aren't that many good teams. BC is a dumpster fire. The Riders are starting nickel and dime Harris - that's the competition in the west.

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I agree on paper with all of this, I really do. 
I could see Kenny/Brady and the secondary carrying this team to a GC. 

I just have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that everything’s going to look like last night for the rest of the season. 

We have the worst pass blocking OL, and the  least effective pass rushing DL in the league.

Not to mention no way of flipping bad field position because our return game sucks.   

I just can’t see us beating 3 good teams in a row

What good teams? The whole league has taken turns looking like crap this year. 

I hear you on the bad feelings though and totally get where you’re coming from. The way I see it the last two years they dominated all year and then sucked in the cup. This year I think a tougher road to the cup will do the team good

8 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

What good teams? The whole league has taken turns looking like crap this year. 

I hear you on the bad feelings though and totally get where you’re coming from. The way I see it the last two years they dominated all year and then sucked in the cup. This year I think a tougher road to the cup will do the team good

Sask is a good team, they’re not great, and I don’t like admitting it, but they’re a good football team. 
Toronto and Montreal are both very good football teams. 
To win the cup, I guess Bombers don’t technically *need* to beat Montreal next week, but they’ll have to beat Sask once more and either play TO or Montreal again (If Ottawa gets to the cup I’ll give you a Buffalo nickel) 

I’ll concede that they got absolutely pumped by the ticats at home near the end of 2019…

It’s not over, I just feel like I’m watching a rerun here. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

59 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Id much rather be in Winnipeg, when it gets cold, we get very mediocre Zach at playoff time.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

The sourness is just because last night is still fresh... We'll get over it. 

This. We won 8 games in a row. Our defense only allowed 14 points last night. There's still a lot to like about this team. Take care of business against Montreal and it's then 1 win at home to get to the Grey Cup. If we fudge it up it becomes harder but not unattainable at all. We have some exciting football games ahead of us.

5 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

We have pilons at guard and a mid tier right tackle at pass protection.  

We have not matched up well against TO for years...they are the only team that beat us physically.  

We do whatever we need to get to the show. I like our chances in a dome. 

Last night wasn't a good showing but the OL is better than you're giving them credit for and have showed well for most of the 8 game run. 

8 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

We have not matched up well against TO for years...they are the only team that beat us physically.  

FWIW, the Argos dressed 9 D Linemen. Shock and awe on your O Line was clearly coach Din's gameplan.

I'm not defending them as an elite unit who just had a bad night, but once the depth charts came out it should've been obvious that the plan was to rotate through a fresh Holley/Brinkman/Williams/etc and blow away whoever was unlucky enough to be opposite them while Flo, Robbie and Captain America run riot.

Good game if you like watching defences. Reffing was woeful both ways.

Edited by bluto

13 minutes ago, bluto said:

FWIW, the Argos dressed 9 D Linemen. Shock and awe on your O Line was clearly coach Din's gameplan.

I'm not defending them as an elite unit who just had a bad night, but once the depth charts came out it should've been obvious that the plan was to rotate through a fresh Holley/Brinkman/Williams/etc and blow away whoever was unlucky enough to be opposite them while Flo, Robbie and Captain America run riot.

Bang on in terms of the Argos plan. Its frustrating that we seemed to come in with no plan to deal with this and then there was a lack of adjustments.

31 minutes ago, bluto said:

The Bombers started to have some success when they went to shorter routes and quicker passes.  Then Collaros fumbled while holding on to the ball too long.  A fault with Collaros is his propensity to throw deep and hang on to the ball.  Should have changed the game plan earlier if not for the whole game.  Oline was dreadful and Buck got outcoached.

45 minutes ago, bluto said:

McManis is an absolute beast,Man,he'd look good in Blue and Gold.

We’re running into the same “time to take the horse to the glue factory” issue with Neufeld as we had with banged up Bighill last year.

We should be playing the 3 Americans on OL and if we can roster 2 Canadian backups, great.

Neufeld’s knee isn’t right, let him sit.

Whitehead is clearly banged up, we have two returners and a pile of receivers on PR but we’ll keep running the guy with a groin tear who can’t move out there.

7 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

McManis is an absolute beast,Man,he'd look good in Blue and Gold.

They don't give out awards for who the best defensive player in the league has been over a 3 season stretch, but if they did, Wynton would walk it.

10 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

And yet if not for an uncharacteristically poor showing from Castillo the Bombers would have walked out with a win...

12 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Sask is a good team, they’re not great, and I don’t like admitting it, but they’re a good football team. 
Toronto and Montreal are both very good football teams. 
To win the cup, I guess Bombers don’t technically *need* to beat Montreal next week, but they’ll have to beat Sask once more and either play TO or Montreal again (If Ottawa gets to the cup I’ll give you a Buffalo nickel) 

I’ll concede that they got absolutely pumped by the ticats at home near the end of 2019…

It’s not over, I just feel like I’m watching a rerun here. 

If by good you mean suck then yes Sask is a good team.

Happy Thanksgiving. :)