Bombers at Als lead up

Nolby

7 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Montreal is a pissed off team. They will want to make a statement going into the playoffs.

I expect Fajardo to start and play the first half. 

They've seemed pretty casual since the end of August.  To the point they are getting dinged up.  Not sure they can just flip that switch again.  Think them and Toronto are in opposite spots from last year heading into playoffs.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

15 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They've seemed pretty casual since the end of August.  To the point they are getting dinged up.  Not sure they can just flip that switch again.  Think them and Toronto are in opposite spots from last year heading into playoffs.

I was just going to respond the same... it's super easy for Montreal to brush off that last game... and the Bombers are a pissed off team after blowing a chance to clinch first and will want to send a message going into the playoffs and ensure the west final is in winnipeg. 

Toronto is to me the odds on pick to come out of the east. Rising at the correct time.

22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I was just going to respond the same... it's super easy for Montreal to brush off that last game... and the Bombers are a pissed off team after blowing a chance to clinch first and will want to send a message going into the playoffs and ensure the west final is in winnipeg. 

Toronto is to me the odds on pick to come out of the east. Rising at the correct time.

I expect to see the Bombers best game.  It's basically a playoff game for us.  If Montreal can match it, all the power to them.

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Still pissed about last week. Hope the team is too.

Putting Bridges at Nichols' spot would be weird as hell.

Bridges at half scares the hell out of me.  I’d rather us keep Kelly at safety and leave Nichols where he is.  

It took the first third of the year for the secondary to really start communicating better and gel .. let’s not screw it up now.

According to Tait's piece today there was plenty of Kelly at Safety.... They're probably just trying some stuff just in case...

"...Taylor’s addition comes at a time with Brandon Alexander out a hand injury — he’s currently sporting a cast — and second-year man Jake Kelly manning the safety position.

Taylor was shadowing Kelly on Sunday, but could also play halfback, dime or even corner with his 71 games of CFL experience with four teams, including 2019-22 with the Blue Bombers and two Grey Cup championships..."

Edited by Noeller

8 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Montreal is a pissed off team. They will want to make a statement going into the playoffs.

I expect Fajardo to start and play the first half. 

Idk how pissed they’ll be tbh. They coasted hard into this game, might be pissed might be sleep walking. 

I hope they bring it and we have a good hard game that elevates the level of play going into the play offs. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Idk how pissed they’ll be tbh. They coasted hard into this game, might be pissed might be sleep walking. 

I hope they bring it and we have a good hard game that elevates the level of play going into the play offs. 

If the Bombers get a real test against Montreal, and particularly if the home team wins, it ought to be a great dress rehearsal for the playoffs, and I think they need that as smelling salts. 

Montreal doesn't need the win, but they will be looking for a palate cleanser after their trip to BC. We'll see if they can get themselves straightened out or if the Bombers will just go balls out to earn the Western playoff bye.

When the Als were clicking earlier this year, and I suppose beginning late last season, they kind of had a Bret Hart vibe for me. Not the most imposing talent that you ever saw and certainly not the one that you'd pick on-paper to win a Grey Cup... but they executed nearly flawless football and just kept doing it without making any mistakes their opposition could exploit. Not sure they'll find that rhythm again... or if it'll be enough to get them back to the big game with the Boatmen rounding into form.

I think Winnipeg takes it on Saturday and sends Montreal into the EDF on a 4 week stretch without a win.

51 minutes ago, bluto said:

When the Als were clicking earlier this year, and I suppose beginning late last season, they kind of had a Bret Hart vibe for me. Not the most imposing talent that you ever saw and certainly not the one that you'd pick on-paper to win a Grey Cup... but they executed nearly flawless football and just kept doing it without making any mistakes their op

The als are not the best there is, the best there was or the best there ever will be so go wash your mouth out with soap.