The TV Thread

https://www.tv-eh.com/2024/06/10/rogers-brings-more-star-power-to-citytv-canadian-hits/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3eu_nSeV_2UTLOSNfGBh-Jq5J4oMv9M8O4WO85tdt3bSOpxpTEAluy4Oo_aem_AS_0Z154_W_kS5bEtlpOaEoMx3PWfwTwEIiZonEaZknXlATqSh5xyEWFP18ERdKsBv6HcbZs3XfX1sQ1lJpeL9oh

well at least there won't be any breaks inbetween

oh yeah and some lady named Shania Twain (I'm being sarcastic) is joining the Canada's Got Talent Panel next season

Edited by iHeart

well I finally finished season 3 of The Crown I realized that next season I may not need to google some names (unless Charteris takes off) but some events may still need a side tab open shame that they never bothered with a couple of Prime Ministers (They skipped Douglas-Home and I don't think we get to see Callaghan because season 4 goes straight to Thatcher...yeah already saw the episode)

More cutbacks.... I think its a shortsighted move just to save a few bucks:

Paramount Cuts Nearly All Content On Comedy Central, TV Land, CMT and MTV Websites.

Following the unexpected shuttering of the MTV News website earlier this week, Paramount has now largely cleaned house on the sites for several more of its cable channels, in a potential cost-cutting move.

As of Wednesday afternoon, the sites for Comedy Central, CMT, Yellowstone airer Paramount Network and TV Land were instead directing users to the media conglomerate's streaming platform Paramount+. On Monday, MTVnews.com was taken down, purging some 20 years of stories from the web.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/comedy-central-website-daily-show-clips-wiped-out-1235933345/#:~:text=Following the unexpected shuttering of,a potential cost-cutting move.

12 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

More cutbacks.... I think its a shortsighted move just to save a few bucks:

Paramount Cuts Nearly All Content On Comedy Central, TV Land, CMT and MTV Websites.

Following the unexpected shuttering of the MTV News website earlier this week, Paramount has now largely cleaned house on the sites for several more of its cable channels, in a potential cost-cutting move.

As of Wednesday afternoon, the sites for Comedy Central, CMT, Yellowstone airer Paramount Network and TV Land were instead directing users to the media conglomerate's streaming platform Paramount+. On Monday, MTVnews.com was taken down, purging some 20 years of stories from the web.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/comedy-central-website-daily-show-clips-wiped-out-1235933345/#:~:text=Following the unexpected shuttering of,a potential cost-cutting move.

Or make people subscribe to paramount+

I watched the new Beverly Hills Cop "Axel F" movie last night, and Winnipeg gets not one but two shout-outs from Eddie Murphy.  One of which is when he is at a Detroit Red Wings game and tells his friend that his grandfather played hockey for the "Winnipeg Black guys".  LOL

Edited by kelownabomberfan

23 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I watched the new Beverly Hills Cop "Axel F" movie last night, and Winnipeg gets not one but two shout-outs from Eddie Murphy.  One of which is when he is at a Detroit Red Wings game and tells his friend that his grandfather played hockey for the "Winnipeg Black guys".  LOL

Im surprised the movie is getting that much love. 2nd highest rating of the 4. Should be in theatres? There's fan service and then there is too much fan service. John and Judge should have had the most minor roles IMHO.

5 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Taggert and Rosewood had small roles that connected to the other movies. I watched it last night as a massive fan of the other three. It stood up to the other.

I don't think I ever saw the 3rd one.  Apparently Eddie hated that movie - there's even an inside joke in the current movie where Gordon-Levitt says "then you were here in Beverly Hills again in 1994 - not your finest hour" lol....

Edited by kelownabomberfan

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't think I ever saw the 3rd one.  Apparently Eddie hated that movie - there's even an inside joke in the current movie where Gordon-Levitt says "then you were here in Beverly Hills again in 1994 - not your finest hour" lol....

Yep, never saw it either. I remember at the time people said it wasn't even set in BevHills and Ashton and Cox were not even in it.

It's not as bad as people want to make it out to be, but it's definitely not great. The first two are much better. I'm looking forward to the new one. 

Edited by Noeller

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's not as bad as people want to make it out to be, but it's definitely not great. The first two are much better. I'm looking forward to the new one. 

You'll like the fact that Eddie sells a con to thieves in the Detroit dressing room that he's the new goalie just acquired in a trade from Winnipeg....

would have been helpful if Deadline would list what the actors are  nominated for (I do know what most of them were in but most people won't) I wonder if the episode of the Crown that Dominic West was nominated for was Aftermath

https://deadline.com/2024/07/emmy-nominations-2024-1236012073/

okay hot take Young Sheldon should have gotten love but at least Reservation Dogs got love

Edited by iHeart