The Music Thread

AtlanticRiderFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so The Beatles released a new version of the Let it Be video (I would have preferred the older one but the fact that it took this long for an official version to hit youtube kind of makes it all worth it, and god damn it, we didn't deserve the Beatles)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I might have two GA tickets for sale to the Arkells/July Talk/Blue Stones Burt Block party on Friday. Would anyone be interested? They are selling for $85 + fees on Ticketmaster but I would let them go for less than that...

I realize there is a Bomber game so I expect this crowd to be a tough sell. :)

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

10 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I might have two GA tickets for sale to the Arkells/July Talk/Blue Stones Burt Block party on Friday. Would anyone be interested? They are selling for $85 + fees on Ticketmaster but I would let them go for less than that...

I realize there is a Bomber game so I expect this crowd to be a tough sell. :)

Threw em up on StubHub and they sold.

Block Party Friday and Saturday night was worth the lost voice on Sunday morning. There were enough Bomber fans in the crowd on Friday night that even right up close to the stage you always knew the score from people calling it out between songs. The replay was up on YouTube by the time I managed to get out of bed on Saturday. No regrets.

Never really thought much about Arkells outside the GC halftime show, wow they put on a show. They came down into the crowd a couple times and each time the frontman stopped to sing barely an arms' length away from me. I had to make way for the brass section at one point.

Sloan is a band I always tried to get out and see but plans always shifted or events got rained out and it just never happened til yesterday, well worth the wait, they rocked as expected, loved to see them swap instruments mid-act, I'd heard they do that often and wanted to see it. IME always awesome, big fan, what more can I say. Headstones got the crowd body surfing and Hugh Dillon also climbed down into the crowd a few times. At one point while throwing drinks around he nailed the guy right infront of me with a dixie cup of (I'm hoping) water. Great set, great performers, awesome closing act.

VIP is great and all but the GA front and centre experience was way more memorable. So long as you can handle all the standing and close quarters, dress appropriately and mix in an occasional water once in a while you're fine. Good times, can't wait to see the lineup for next year!

• 2 weeks later...