The Star Trek Thread!

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The plot each year just dragged on & on & on. I think i just watched Discovery out of loyalty to Gene Roddenberry. I mean all Star Treks had their duds. But Discovery to me was more interested in lecturing viewers lessons based on 21st century Hollywood left wing core values rather than telling a good story. 

I glossed over the lecturing. I liked most of the characters- I wish they used Zora more, that was a missed opportunity.  

Fast forward 900 years? Yes please. 

Introducing the characters that were so awesome- they spawned a ridiculously good spin off. Hello Strange new worlds.

Action Saru was a thing.

I think I could have gone another two years, 

They fast forwarded 900 years. Most fans wanted to see society's advances & what did we get??? The Burn. What ab disappointment. They might as well have gone back to 2045 & the aftermath of World War 3 before Zephryn Cochrane successfuly tested the first warp drive engine. 

17 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They fast forwarded 900 years. Most fans wanted to see society's advances & what did we get??? The Burn. What ab disappointment. They might as well have gone back to 2045 & the aftermath of World War 3 before Zephryn Cochrane successfuly tested the first warp drive engine. 

I actually enjoyed that twist. That was decent season arc- it really lent to the epicness of Disco. 

The one thing that I don't dig is that the seasons were only 10 episodes long. I feel ST:D (also, who ever is responsible for naming the show and missed that acronym- should be fired) could have benefited from more episodes to have more fun, and dilute the lecture tone and "feels" aspect.  There were some pretty awesome directions they could have gone with.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

15 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I actually enjoyed that twist. That was decent season arc. 

The one thing that I don't dig is that the seasons were only 10 episodes long. I feel ST:D (also, who ever is responsible for naming the show and missed that acronym- should be fired) could have benefited from more episodes to have more fun, and dilute the lecture tone and "feels" aspect.  There were some pretty awesome directions they could have gone with.

Burnham should never have been the lead character.

Not enough legacy aliens ( Xindi, Andorians, Suliban, etc).

Rayner was a better Number One than Saru.

They should have switched to episodic after Season 1 which allows for development of characters.

If Discovery was episodic, then yes there should have been more episodes. Could you imagine this season's story arc being 22 epsisodes? Fans head would explode out of boredom.

Quit the lecturing & give us a great storyline. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

33 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Discovery was episodic, then yes there should have been more episodes. Could you imagine this season's story arc being 22 epsisodes? Fans head would explode out of boredom.

Is that not the problem with every non-network show nowadays. 10 eps and they are done. Worst part is the seasons are 1.5 years apart now.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Is that not the problem with every non-network show nowadays. 10 eps and they are done. Worst part is the seasons are 1.5 years apart now.

According to some here that's okay. Better writing in 10 episodes than 22. (Sure).... Waiting a year & a half to two years for your favourite show to come back will make you anticipate it more (yeah, okay). 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...