Austin bumps Stala - pays $5,000 fine

kelownabomberfan

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/kent-austin-apologizes-for-sideline-bump--but-will-the-cfl-still-punish-him-201429219.htmlStala is a yappy SOB, but I guess coaches shouldn't be doing this. Remember when Lapo's wife got into a Twitter battle with him?

Stala and Austin are both jerks. That being said a coach/GM/ VP shouldn't do what he did no matter who it was. Because Austin is more than a coach the fine should have been higher.

I haven't really said much about this incident because I think both Stala and Austin can go **** themselves, but one thing I do know: If MOS had done this, I'd be loving it. MOS looks like he could still go with some of the guys on the field...I'd like his odds in a scrap vs Stala...

I haven't really said much about this incident because I think both Stala and Austin can go **** themselves, but one thing I do know: If MOS had done this, I'd be loving it. MOS looks like he could still go with some of the guys on the field...I'd like his odds in a scrap vs Stala...

The only thing MoS would be a threat to do to a player is hug them.

I like anybody's odds in a scrap with Stala, he'd just turtle and start calling for his mommy.

It was barely off the sideline and the play took him there..

Man, how this concept of respect your oponent and sportsmanship eludes some of you...

How's this for sportsmanship. I was on facebook yesterday & a bunch of former Eskimos were posting about Deon Lacey & his actions the past 2 games the Esks played vs the Stamps during the coin toss. How Lacey refused to shake BLM's hand as well as trash talking him when they were on the field facing one another.

The former Eskies (about 5 players) all said to a man that that **** like this goes on all the time, that it was about time an Eskimo did that to a Stampeder, who gives a damn about sportsmanship, football is all about intimidation & getting into your opponents head  & we as fans are totally clueless not having any idea about what goes on during a game as 99% of us have never played pro football. So therefore, we have no business criticizing their world for what Lacey did.

If that is how players view the coin toss maybe that explains what Austin did. The former Eskies are basically saying that they have a code we don't understand as fans. So, because we don't understand we should butt out of what went on as it's no big deal. It's part of the game. 

To me, as a fan.... I care about sportsmanship as I believe in the integrity of the game. I believe, what Lacey did was worse than Austin's actions. Austin let his emotions get the best of him & was caught up in the moment. What Lacey did TWICE what deliberate & planned out. To me, that made it worse. He attacked that integrity in my opinion.

Players play and coaches coach. That is the issue here. Coaches should ALWAYS rise above.. You this is the truth.

It was barely off the sideline and the play took him there..

Man, how this concept of respect your oponent and sportsmanship eludes some of you...

How's this for sportsmanship. I was on facebook yesterday & a bunch of former Eskimos were posting about Deon Lacey & his actions the past 2 games the Esks played vs the Stamps during the coin toss. How Lacey refused to shake BLM's hand as well as trash talking him when they were on the field facing one another.

The former Eskies (about 5 players) all said to a man that that **** like this goes on all the time, that it was about time an Eskimo did that to a Stampeder, who gives a damn about sportsmanship, football is all about intimidation & getting into your opponents head  & we as fans are totally clueless not having any idea about what goes on during a game as 99% of us have never played pro football. So therefore, we have no business criticizing their world for what Lacey did.

If that is how players view the coin toss maybe that explains what Austin did. The former Eskies are basically saying that they have a code we don't understand as fans. So, because we don't understand we should butt out of what went on as it's no big deal. It's part of the game. 

To me, as a fan.... I care about sportsmanship as I believe in the integrity of the game. I believe, what Lacey did was worse than Austin's actions. Austin let his emotions get the best of him & was caught up in the moment. What Lacey did TWICE what deliberate & planned out. To me, that made it worse. He attacked that integrity in my opinion.

Players play and coaches coach. That is the issue here. Coaches should ALWAYS rise above.. You this is the truth.

Coaches rise above? There have been plenty of dirtbag coaches over the years too. The players that think we are stupid idiots as fans become coaches. The code remains strong.

It happens, Berry and Marshall flipp'in Don the 'bird'.

Jesus christ, it wasnt a physical altercation!

How does this not compute to you people.

lol, relax spuds, obviously one was a push and the other just a gesture of good will.

Austin should of just texted Ole Sticky a pic of his junk.

It happens, Berry and Marshall flipp'in Don the 'bird'.

Jesus christ, it wasnt a physical altercation!

How does this not compute to you people.

lol, relax spuds, obviously one was a push and the other just a gesture of good will.

Austin should of just texted Ole Sticky a pic of his junk.

Jesus had nothing to do with this... ;)

Trash talk as a form of intimidation is accepted now unfortunately . What's not accepted and never should be is coaches hitting players, however lightly. To me it's in the same category as a player pushing a ref.

Overall I miss football the way it used to be played. It was always rough but WAY fewer penalties. They say you gotta win 2 of the 3 phases of the game but the way it is now they should add a fourth phase, penalties. Who won the penalties? Do you ever look at a big play anymore and NOT check for flags? Adding more rules has not improved the game, it has made it worse.

There has always been trash talk. It was never a gentleman's game. It was brutal from the get go.

As for lesser penalties, that's only because a lot more was legal. Some old school hits would get you banned nowadays. Nighttrain lane used to clothesline people.