Around the NHL

Jets Win the trade by getting rid of a guy who didn't want to be here.  Standings? Put jets in the east and they make the playoffs probably. Jets owned the east. 

Anyways tho. Moose to name new head coach tomorrow at 10. 

Interesting to note that Brandon was knocked out of the memorial cup last night.  

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Don't think Chevy made any trades between trade deadline 15 and Ladd trade and only 1 UFA signing - Fraser. Think that was the least in the NHL.

Buffalo ahead of us now in standings...what that say about the trade now? Must be thinking they won it over there.

they always did...

13 hours ago, Ducky said:

Wheeler and Buff for Team USA

Scheif, Trouba and Wheeler for Team NA

Pavelec for Czech team

Laine count?

Telegin count?

Helle is on NA kids team not Wheels. Different set of e's :P

Helle not gonna play with Gibson and Murray ahead of him.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

13 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Helle is on NA kids team not Wheels. Different set of e's :P

Helle not gonna play with Gibson and Murray ahead of him.

I'll guarantee that helle plays one or 2 games at least. Pavelec won't play tho. 

I disagree with this

SPORTSNET:  Nick Kypreos believes Evgeni Malkin is playing his final games with the Pittsburgh Penguins, suggesting he could be traded this summer. Kypreos believes there couldn’t be a better time for the Penguins to trade him. Doug MacLean suggests Malkin would look good in Montreal or Vancouver, while Kypreos believes Malkin could “slide right in there” with Jaromir Jagr. He also believes the Penguins have to shed salary this summer. When asked about moving goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury, Kypreos replied, “expansion will look after that.”

46 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I disagree with this

SPORTSNET:  Nick Kypreos believes Evgeni Malkin is playing his final games with the Pittsburgh Penguins, suggesting he could be traded this summer. Kypreos believes there couldn’t be a better time for the Penguins to trade him. Doug MacLean suggests Malkin would look good in Montreal or Vancouver, while Kypreos believes Malkin could “slide right in there” with Jaromir Jagr. He also believes the Penguins have to shed salary this summer. When asked about moving goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury, Kypreos replied, “expansion will look after that.”

Kypreos has a history of being dead wrong. But I could see Malkin moving on from Pitt. They got some cap issues there and moving malkin does make sense but I'll believe it when I see it 

Edited by Goalie

Yeah on paper it makes sense. Pens are good and deeper than they were. Malkin would restock the cupboard for years and probably keep them a contender until Crosby is done. But it seems too difficult of a deal to get done. 

Id like to see Malkin as a bonafide leader on a team and see if he has a higher gear