Wrestling

Rich

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Well. To anyone who questions the legitimacy of the wellness policy.... this should put an end to that. Wonder what he did. 

Its legitimate in the sense they test.  But in a world where Hunter isnt tested, Cena isnt tested (or always manages to pass), there will always be questions.  Basically some will say the drug testing is an IQ test meaning if you fail its because you're stupid.  Top guys can afford top stuff and know how to cycle on and off.

No details on what it was or when it was discovered but this dovetails to what I thought was odd - WWE's production meetings are late afternoon of the events and following which, "smart money" suddenly comes in on betting sites.  ie. insiders bet on the finishes.  But the smart money came in on Saturday following a meeting.  So I would guess they learned of the failure late in the week or saturday, had a meeting to discuss change in plan.

Originally the odds were Roman retaining and Owens winning MITB (there's a PPV in Canada this year where him cashing in would be huge) and then they suddenly switched to Seth winning and Dean winning MITB.

This also explains why they totally shotgunned the Seth/Roman rematch and the revelation of the three way at the next event which is 5 weeks away.  Usually when they have 5 weeks, they dont do anything, preferring a 2-3 week build.  It was eyebrow raising when they announced the Battleground main event so soon.

The question is, will Roman be off TV?  Under the terms of their wellness policy he can still work TV and PPV so as not to hurt WWE but would be off houseshows, missing houseshow money and unpaid for 30 days.  I'd guess they leave him off TV for a couple weeks to let everything cool down, maybe comes back the week before the PPV or at the first live Smackdown (the draft).  But you never know with WWE.

Watched the documentary on the Ultimate Warrior this evening on the WWE Network. So sad that he died just one day after his appearance on Raw on May 8, 2014 at age 54 after his induction into the WWE HOF at WrestleMania. Glad he was able to finally come to terms with the WWE, Vince McMahon & Hulk Hogan. It was almost as if it was meant to be. I think he died a happy man especially with his family attending the HOF induction.

Angle can definitely still wrestle.  If he had a part time schedule where he did half a dozen big matches per year, they'd all be Match of the Year candidates.  If you said Angle was the greatest of all time, some might argue but no one would call you crazy.  Many guys have said Angle was the best they ever worked with.  Its a shame WWE doesnt want to bring him back into the fold. 

Still lots of talk of Goldberg coming in (as early as the draft show in fact) and Roderick Strong & Moose of ROH should be coming in shortly.  Moose has a prior domestic violence charge though, back from his NFL days (apparently his wife divorced him when he quit football for wrestling).

Edited by The Unknown Poster

I think warrior made peace with vince but I've heard lots of conflicting reports about him and hogan.  Basically warrior avoided hogan and hogan did the same. Hogan is a world class grade A BS'r so anything he says... I wouldn't believe.  He said he made peace with savage also but savages brother called that a load of crap saying hogan and macho didn't speak for years 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I think warrior made peace with vince but I've heard lots of conflicting reports about him and hogan.  Basically warrior avoided hogan and hogan did the same. Hogan is a world class grade A BS'r so anything he says... I wouldn't believe.  He said he made peace with savage also but savages brother called that a load of crap saying hogan and macho didn't speak for years 

They were filmed & they showed Hogan apologizing to Warrior & he accepting. Triple H was interviewed & he said he told Hogan to wait until AFTER Warrior's HOF speech on Saturday night before talking to him.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah Warriors major heat was with hogan so Hunter asked hogan to avoid warrior. But they happened to pass each other in the stadium so hogan walked up and ended the heat. Although after his death he caused some heat. I think hogan means well. He's just always working 

Can't work a dead man so I think Hulk is glad he buried the hatchet with Warrior, You could see he was skeptical at first but as the conversation went on Warrior saw Hulk was being sincere. Seeing he passed away 2 days later I'm sure he's glad he didn't put it off.

Hard to believe Axel is Curt  Hennig's son. I mean Curt's dad Larry "The Axe" was a big man & talented. Larry was never as athletic as his son Curt but still a very good wrestler. Roger Kent on the AWA broadcasts used to say Larry Hennig was "Big enough to go bear hunting with a switch". He was at that. Well over 6'4 & 300 lbs which was big for a wrestler back in the late 60's. Curtis is just a bad wrestler. I won't say awful. Maybe awfully bad & I'll just leave it at that.

Raw was good up until the demon kane miz match. Honestly shut it off at that point cuz can't stand kane anymore. Loved kane before but then they removed his mask and it killed his character big time. Huge mistake taking his mask off the first time. Huge 

Edited by Goalie

Ya. I've grown tired of the heel authority figure. Would love to see hunter in charge of raw or Smackdown. A good angle would be to name hhh in charge of raw and shane for Smackdown. Steph thinks hhh is gonna be heel but hunter pedigrees her and takes her of TV turning face in the process. I like nxt hhh and think that character would work on Raw or Smackdown for that matter