Wrestling

Rich

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

There are so many Canadians on Smackdown. I think at least 8 or 9.

Jinder Owens Dillinger Zayn Breeze Nattie Jericho English ?? 

If you include Rene and and other non wrestling Canadians.. yeah. Quite a few. 

Edited by Goalie

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They blow off the ratings decline with numerous excuses one being that it doesnt really matter.  But when their TV rights package is up for renewal its going to matter...

And I agree 100%.  Boring, formulaic booking.  And not just the booking.  Everything is same old same old.  The announcing, the shooting, when and how they cut away to commercial, the backstage vignettes etc.  It's all the same.  They love Kevin Dunn, their exec producer/director, but they badly need a new vision.

one thing I HATE(!) is Cole and his "Classic" _____. It could be Enzo who has only been on a raw a relatively short while, and he'll be like "Classic Amore" cuz he threw a punch....  I think when he first did it, the people he referenced actually had some classic moves they didn't necessarily pull out every match - like the Undertakers rope walk, but he started throwing that classic term around on everyone and it totally f'n bugs me everytime i hear it now

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Jinder Owens Dillinger Zayn Breeze Nattie Jericho English ?? 

If you include Rene and and other non wrestling Canadians.. yeah. Quite a few. 

If you count Brock who I dont think is actually Canadian yet but lives here and apparently fights out of Canada in UFC, both world champions are Canadian.  The US champion is Canadian.  The IC champion is married to a Canadian.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Well kinda.  He's going to lose to Lesnar in a month lol.  Gotta be nice for him to get a big win though.

A main event ppv against Brock is a push. And an opportunity for Joe to prove he can draw. Hopefully they book him strong. The wording they were using was "dream match" so I suspect Joe is going to be killing guys in the lead up. That's the way it should go anyway 

Bayley booked perfect in NXT and awful in WWE. Go figure. I strongly suspect it's a matter of Vince and Dunn don't personally want to nail Bayley so they assume no one does and that's how they book women. 

Plus taking what made her special on NXT and trying to "improve" on it. Sure she's the girl next door, the nice girl etc but killing her six feet under doesn't make her sympathetic. 

Plus vince loves Alexa. And you can't push more than one person at a time.....*fart*

56 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Everyone panned wwe for the Great Balls of Fire name for ppv but at least they went all in with this awesome commercial. 

Yeah I thought the same thing.  It's a ridiculous name but at least they found a way to make it work.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Bayley booked perfect in NXT and awful in WWE. Go figure. I strongly suspect it's a matter of Vince and Dunn don't personally want to nail Bayley so they assume no one does and that's how they book women. 

Plus taking what made her special on NXT and trying to "improve" on it. Sure she's the girl next door, the nice girl etc but killing her six feet under doesn't make her sympathetic. 

Plus vince loves Alexa. And you can't push more than one person at a time.....*fart*

I don't agree on the booking.  I think Bayley has been getting pushed.  She is getting the title spots.  She is going to be the ultimate underdog story and you don't get that without looking like the management is against you.  There will be lots of time for Bayley and she doesn't seem to be losing fans.

Plus Alexa Bliss is the greatest thing to happen to women's wrestling since... I don't even know.  I can't recall anyone like her.  Incredibly attractive, totally believable in her character, and pretty decent in the ring and still improving.  She's the best.

I think Bayley's push is Vince's idea of a push.  They had the perfect underdog story with Bayley already, in NXT.  Why mess with success.  They had her win the title too soon, killing the feel good idea of her winning at WM, then had her lose in her hometown.  And then Alexa gets all the verbal heat on her and she doesnt even get a come back.  Then Alexa beats her down and she gets no response.

I agree that this IS their idea of booking an underdog.  But the risk, unless you do it well, is that you're just burying someone.  I dont think its been effective booking at all.  But they will keep going and Bayley will eventually win the title and they will pat themselves on the back and she will be 65% as over as she could be.

Now I have to complain about RAW.  Firstly, very effective use of Joe most of the night...until the slip-on-a-banana-peel victory over Seth.  Just have Joe beat him for **** sake.  He's the #1 contender.  They made Seth look like an idiot and made Joe's victory less effective.  Just let him win.  Its okay to win.

34 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I didn't see a single second of RAW but I heard there were some good moments between Samoa Joe and Paul Heyman.

Yes they did an uncharacteristically "subtle" way of making Joe a threat by having him drop the mic and lean in to speak calmly to Heyman, picked up by the camera mics for the home audience.  He calmly explained he would wrap his hands around Heyman's neck and choke him out as a message to Brock...and then he did.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:19 PM, Atomic said:

Yeah I thought the same thing.  It's a ridiculous name but at least they found a way to make it work.

I don't agree on the booking.  I think Bayley has been getting pushed.  She is getting the title spots.  She is going to be the ultimate underdog story and you don't get that without looking like the management is against you.  There will be lots of time for Bayley and she doesn't seem to be losing fans.

Plus Alexa Bliss is the greatest thing to happen to women's wrestling since... I don't even know.  I can't recall anyone like her.  Incredibly attractive, totally believable in her character, and pretty decent in the ring and still improving.  She's the best.

Just finished watching Summerslam from 1989. Sadly, half the wrestlers are now dead. Rick Rude wrestled The Ultimate Warrior. Warrior won when there was outside interference from Roddy Piper. Sensational Sherry was hilarious as was Brutus The Barber Beefcake. Miss Elizabeth was part of the match as well standing at ringside for Hogan & Beefcake. Beefcake used garden shears to cut an "unconscious" Sherry's long ponytail after they had won the match. Jessie Ventura was saying things that today he'd be heavily criticized for. He called Jimmy Superfly Snuka who is Samoan, "an animal" who was an "instinctive wrestler" while his white opponent The Million Dollar Man was an "intelligent wrestler". The **** would fly today if a WWE announcer said that with its racist undertone. Back in 1989, no one batted an eye or cared.

Edited by SpeedFlex27